Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Fair price from a Dealer.

My part number, 68481772AA. They mention core charge so I am guessing mine is a reman???

Cummins12V98 , Apr 23, 2021
  2. Cummins2014

Yup, same here, reman . If I could of been home , I would of explored a different route , but I wasn’t. As said before , not complaining from what I’m hearing . Trucks running great .

Cummins2014 , Apr 23, 2021
  3. Ltngdrvr

Excessive EGR flow would indicate the valve staying open more than it should. It could be the ecm trying to control the NOx output and unable to by way of the DEF/SCR system, or it could have just been a hiccup and may never pop up again. Really the only thing to do is drive it and see what comes.
    Still a good idea with these trucks to have your own code reader.

Ltngdrvr , Apr 23, 2021
  4. Cummins2014

Thanks.I will for sure get a code reader . Any suggestions on one ? Hasn’t come on again , been on the road most of the day after it did .

5. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

How many miles on our truck?

SnoKing , Apr 23, 2021
  6. Cummins2014

7. Topzide TDR MEMBER

For code reader, get the Alfa OBD software, has code reading built in along with many other features! You can hook up a Bluetooth OBD device (OBDLink MX) and take an Android phone or tablet and check lights on truck and trailer without help! Get feature that I've used quite a few times with the trailer. Sure is nice to not have to find some one to help. Alfa also allows you to program FOBIK's which I've done without any issues. Also was able to do a friends 300 for him. Alfa covers Chrysler/RAM products starting in 2005. For keys you'll need pin code. You can get from dealer or use Chrysler Pin Puller to get pin. Also have front turn signals on as DRL's. You can choose your headlights with a lower voltage to help bulbs last longer. If you get Alfa, save a config file of your stock setup to compare to if a change doesn't work. Either way, a code reader is a must! Enjoy these trucks!

Topzide , Apr 24, 2021
    Cummins2014 likes this.