1. Jim W TDR MEMBER

I am cheap. We had a couple of clear plastic containers with lids in the house basement. So, I am using this to store my sewer hose and fittings in these containers when not being used. I have 50 ft. of sewer hose broken up in 10 ft. sections and I have used all 50 ft. once. I rinse the hose/hoses these are than put with the fittings in the containers along with my black water rinsing hose. They will than go into the trailer basement. My Cedar Creek has no bumper so, this works for me. My electric components and potable water lines are stored in rubber-maid containers being labeled as to what they are also stored in the basement.

Jim W , Aug 17, 2019
    PBJ2500CTD and Larry Willard like this.
  2. Tractorat

Yeh, I know. Just agreeing with you.
    Yes indeed, I have that problem also. I thought about having a new bumper welded on, but it just rust out again (although it would probably outlive me.) But, Ive never had it get stuck like it did the other day. Even when I was able to get it past the holes, it was still jammed in tight. After reading all the helpfull replies, I think I will go with the pvc pipe plug first. But I also like the idea of strapping some kind of tube below the bumper and eventually store the hose in there. That way I think I can also remove the tube periodically and easilly lean it out.

Tractorat , Aug 17, 2019
    DavidC and TFucili like this.
  3. Wiredawg

I actually installed two 8 ft 4" PVC drain field under my MS, glued screw caps on both ends for long sewer pipe hose WITH fittings and spray painted black. I use installed and use the 4 or 5 ft 4" sewer pipe holder that came with my rig for the shorter pipes when sewer happens to line up with my drain. I reacall my first RV rear bumper sewer hose holder actually had sheetmetal screws holding aluminum decorative piece onto bumper.

Sewer-Pipe-Storage.jpg #ad

I have all this sewer hose as i can actually run around 50 ft to my sewer cleanout at home IF I ever needed to dump tanks at the house.

Just more options for sewer hose storage.

Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , Aug 17, 2019
    jhenderson and DavidC like this.
  4. DavidC

Ron, what did you use to attach the PVC to the RV ?. I can't make it out, kinda dark.

DavidC , Aug 17, 2019
    Wiredawg likes this.
  5. Tractorat

Thank Wiredawg, Im going to go with your solution. It is so obvious as well as simple in design and easy to do. Dont know why I didnt think of that

Tractorat , Aug 17, 2019
  6. Wiredawg

Dave,
    I used 4" steel clamps screwed into the boxed frame with #14 metal screws.

Sewer Clamps.jpg #ad

And a peek inside:

Sewer-Hose.jpg #ad

I've done this on this and two previous RVs.

EDIT: Either install in front of tires, or not too far behind. On my 2013 Cyclone, I installed under the rear and tore one loose scraping rear.

Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , Aug 17, 2019
  7. DavidC

Cool, I have thought of at least 4 ways. 4" standoff's, plumbers tape, unistrut with unistrut 4" clamps, 4" one hole straps. Guess I will find out what is available when I do this. After doing electrical for 45+ years I am familiar with what is available, what places like Home Depot stocks may be another story.

DavidC , Aug 17, 2019
  8. Wiredawg

I have 20' of hose with fittings in the two long ones AND a 10' on with fittings in the short one. I have screw caps on BOTH ends, but haven't needed to use the ODS ones. Nothing wrong with a LITTLE over engineering.:cool:

Glad Y'all like it. Next I may start a thread showing how I installed mud flaps behind the wheels. Type A(nus) is both a gift AND a curse.

Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , Aug 17, 2019
    DavidC likes this.
  9. Wiredawg

Dave,
    Before I decided I didn't need stand offs, this is what I determined would have made a good one. Just install the metal strap clamp beside it with nothing actually screwed into it.

Muffler Clamp.JPG #ad

Cheers, Ron

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Wiredawg , Aug 17, 2019
    DavidC likes this.
  10. DavidC

I just measured the Rhino without doing any mods. It is 4.5" on the fittings so now it would be 5" (probably a bast**d size) or a more common 6".

DavidC , Aug 17, 2019
    Wiredawg likes this.
  11. Wiredawg

Dave,

We're thinking the same thing...I was JUST going to post the 4" pipe ONLY likely works with the cheap grey fittings. That's why I shot a pic of the pipe open so all could see the fitting, snuggly in there.

Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , Aug 17, 2019
  12. DavidC

I wonder what the inside diameter is with the one Tom posted. I don't think they mention it and I do not remember it on the site. When you get past 4" everything changes for availability.

DavidC , Aug 17, 2019
  13. TFucili

Slider 4 5/8" ID:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.28.43 PM.png #ad

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    TFucili , Aug 17, 2019
    Wiredawg and DavidC like this.
  14. TFucili

This is the non-slider 4 5/8" ID:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.33.17 PM.png #ad

TFucili , Aug 17, 2019
    Wiredawg and DavidC like this.
  15. DavidC

Thanks Tom, guess I will wind up ordering one of those as the 5 or 6" PVC looks like the 1" diesel hose fiasco. It will have to wait till we get back to Phoenix.

DavidC , Aug 17, 2019
    Wiredawg and TFucili like this.
  16. Focker

X2

Focker , Aug 28, 2019
    Larry Willard likes this.