Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raxley

Ozymandias-
    I didn't ask for the knurled ball joint, and when I got it, I just assumed that this is how they sell them. Hopefully, the issue of future ball joint removal and replacement is far in the future!

raxley , Feb 14, 2021
    Ozymandias likes this.
  2. Tuesdak

From that hard of a hit I would replace the rack and pinion. You don't know if any teeth in the rack cracked or broke. The body itself is clearly busted. An internal seal may be damaged giving you uneven boost when turning. It's done. You just don't want the steering jamming on you. Worse would be dusting the entire system including the hydrobooster and PS pump. If the plug pops out and drains all the oil out the PS pump burning up can dust the system. (Been there replaced that over a leaking seal.) The PS pump isn't cheap as well as replacing the entire system hoses and all. I would not even rebuild the rack with the massive damage shown.

Tuesdak , Feb 14, 2021
  3. raxley

raxley , Feb 15, 2021
    Tuesdak likes this.
  4. raxley

raxley , Feb 15, 2021
  5. Jdorfmeyer

I see on Rockauto for $145.79, core is $108 so $253.79 and you can always send your core back and may get all or part credit.

Jdorfmeyer , Feb 15, 2021
    Tuesdak and Ozymandias like this.
  6. raxley

Thank you, you saved me some money!

raxley , Feb 15, 2021
  7. Jdorfmeyer

No problem, glad to help!

Jdorfmeyer , Feb 16, 2021
  8. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Rockauto in general is a good source for parts.

Ozymandias , Feb 16, 2021
  9. DavidC

Agree most of the time. The one issue I had was shipping charges. I was going to order the front bumper plastic cover and the freight was ridiculous. I called about it and was told it was over size and had to ship freight. I found it elsewhere with free shipping.

DavidC , Feb 16, 2021
  10. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Yeah, absolutely. I also check several places if something is out of expectation.

Ozymandias , Feb 16, 2021
  11. WBraico

Looking for the OEM Spare tire tool kit for my 07 2500 ?

WBraico , Feb 24, 2021