Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCJackson1

Actually, the crew cab long bed has a 169" WB. The MegaCab shared the 160" WB with the previous-gen Quad Cab long bed (what I have).

KCJackson1 , Dec 17, 2016
  2. buntster

Thanks for the update -- right after I posted that, I got to wondering if the WB was still the same. I knew in the pre "true crew" trucks the mega/short was the same length as the "4-door long" combo.

9" is potentially a difference, but I suppose on a truck with a 13'+ wheelbase it's not that big a difference...these things are LONG. Fortunately, with the solid front axle of a 4x4, they turn just like a Volvo. A class-8 Volvo, but still a Volvo :) LOL

buntster , Dec 18, 2016
  3. Simplysmn

Hand's down Crewcab Long bed .they ride better handle better .Tow Better .and who care's about the storage behind the seat's and who care's if the seat's lean back I'll never be in the back seat anyway and the back seat already has enough room with the long box .Why drive a Short Truck just to get a few extra inches in the back seat.But this is Just My 2 cent's I'll Never Own anything but a Long bed anyway.

Simplysmn , Dec 24, 2016
  4. Kry226

I never got in the bed of my short bed and said to myself, "You know, I have just too much room back here." But I have smited my short bed many times. So, CCLB for me. Plus I think the mega cab is dang ugly. Very out of proportion.

Kry226 , Dec 24, 2016
  5. RVTRKN

If you want to pay for it, and don't mind trying to find parking, or maneuvering it, there are companies that will alter it, and stretch it to a Mega LB. But the little extra room in the back seat that you keep with a long bed conversion that can cost $5-10K is not worth it IMHO.

RVTRKN , Dec 24, 2016
  6. Deleted member 995608

Totally dependent on your needs. I have children, wanted a mega cab for them. But I have a large Protec tool box that houses my fire/rescue gear. I don't want that stuff inside my cab. With a tool box, my 8' bed is esssentiallyturned into a short bed.

Deleted member 995608 , Dec 24, 2016
  7. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

" I have children, wanted a mega cab for them."

I would think with 3 places to sit in either rig it would not matter. I personally think people worry too much about their kids, in ways that really don't matter. But that's my opinion and it's nice to have choices!!!

Cummins12V98 , Dec 24, 2016
  8. Cummins2014

Mine has nothing to do with children, but all about a safe place for my fly rods, they cost almost as much as my children :D

Cummins2014 , Dec 24, 2016
  9. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Yea I understand but what is less expensive and more fun???????

Cummins12V98 , Dec 24, 2016
  10. KCJackson1

The best for me is what I have always had. My two Fords and my two Rams have all been extended cab long beds. The rear cabin for me is more bonus cargo space than required passenger room... single guy, no kids - and when I do have passengers, it's not for long trips. Ram only offers the Quad Cab with the 1500 now (and only with the 6'4" bed), so I'd pass on that. Ford and GM still offer extended cab HD trucks with 8-foothers, so I'm a little surprised FCA won't bring this back into the model mix. Not crazy about the suicide doors on the Ford SuperCab, and the GM trucks with the exaggerated square styling just look awful to my eye. Would go for a new Ram 3500 Quad Cab long bed, but I apparently can't have one.

KCJackson1 , Dec 25, 2016
  11. Cummins2014

What the fly rods or the MegaCab. :) I just like how the seats fold down flat on the Megacab . Do the seats fold down on the crew cab, never have checked. My son has the 2016 crew cab, but never paid any attention. I did wonder about how comfortable that would be sitting in the middle of the rear seat with that cutout , but then I'll never sit back there. :)

As far as seating goes, my truck is not much of an issue until I go to Montana for the summer. My previous truck was a six seater, of course this Megacab is 5. People we are friends with in this little RV park we stay at we take turns driving to dinner or whatever, and now I can't haul two other couples. Only drawback to these fancy consoles .

Cummins2014 , Dec 25, 2016
  12. RustyJC

The seat bottoms flip up, then a fold-out platform is exposed that makes a flat load platform behind the front seats. That's where we put a comforter down for our 2 Shelties and cat (in his carrier) to ride.

20161227_094909.jpg #ad

Rusty

20161227_094909.jpg #ad

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    RustyJC , Dec 25, 2016
  13. Cummins2014

Wondering if that new Ford Superduty has those kind of back seats. :D My old one didn't

Cummins2014 , Dec 25, 2016
  14. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

It's a great option when hitting Costco!

Cummins12V98 , Dec 26, 2016
  15. RVTRKN

My fold flat floor system almost cost me $1200.00 and that's not a fisherman story.

RVTRKN , Dec 26, 2016
  16. Cummins2014

I'll bite, haven't had any lately :D Whats the story :confused:

Cummins2014 , Dec 26, 2016
  17. RVTRKN

Well first, let me put away my fishing polls, if I have enough room in my Quad Cab. :D

When I ordered my 07 C&C QC, to get the fold flat floor system, I was required to order the premium seat option. My 04.5 had it, buying the truck off the lot and did have the premium seat package. I don't like the power seat option, especially were they located the controls. Every time I reach into the drivers side to grab something from outside the truck my leg hits the controls and have damaged my C&C seat motors. Anyway, I gave in and ordered the fold flat floor system with premium seat option. 3 months later the truck arrives at the dealer, and guess what, no fold flat floor system. Dodge iliminated the system during the build, and I was told that Dodge has the right to iliminate options during the build from a ordered truck. I went up the chain of managers and Factory Reps and was told to go pound sand. However, I was told that the parts department could still order the system for $1200.00. Obviously I'm not going to pay the ransom, and gave them a piece of my mind. So I installed the fold flat floor system from my 04.5 to the 07 and found a set on line for $150.00 and installed those back into the 04.5. I needed the system for weather sensitive equipment I put in the rear seating area.

RVTRKN , Dec 27, 2016
  18. Cummins2014

First off its Rods, or poles, polls are what sunk Clinton :D

Well I am glad it all worked out , next time you can get the Mega Cab ,and still have room for your sensitive equipment , and your fishing polls :D

Cummins2014 , Dec 27, 2016
  19. KCJackson1

The '17 Super Duty has the same flip-up rear seats with a fold-out flat load floor for all SuperCab and crew cab trucks above the base XL trim level. The crew also has lockable storage under the seat. No need for the extra-cost premium seats as with the Ram SLT/Big Horn/Lone Star trims.

KCJackson1 , Dec 27, 2016
  20. Cummins2014

Well thats pretty nice, I'll bet it has at least HALF the space of my mega cab :)

And I don't think I am exaggerating :p

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Cummins2014 , Dec 27, 2016