Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterdrago

My front left HTX had a separation little over a month ago. Discount Tire put on a new Bridgestone. Yesterday, I had one of the rear tires begin separating and shaking my ass. Five more new tires. 21k miles. Are Nexan tires really that bad. A lot of separation stories on web. Date codes were all in December of '16, truck built May '17. Nexan tires still looked new tread depth wise. Kinda wonder if the shaking was causing my issues with ABS lights and "Service Electronic Braking System" warnings? It started again yesterday about the same time as the tire problem but stayed intermittent and random all the way home on the new tires. https://www.turbodieselregister.com/threads/wanky-warnings-about-electronic-braking.267176/

masterdrago , Jul 18, 2019
  2. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

I warned about these tires in 2015!!!

Cummins12V98 , Jul 18, 2019
  3. TFucili

Glad I pulled them off immediately. It is a crime to buy an HD truck with prices what they are, and end up with garbage tires.

TFucili , Jul 18, 2019
  4. gsbrockman

Did your 2019 DRW show up?

gsbrockman , Jul 18, 2019
    TFucili likes this.
  5. masterdrago

Had I known you then like I know you now, I would have heeded the warning in Aug. 2017 when we hunted down the Ram right after Harvey hit. I looked at the Nexan tire on that $80k truck and wondered where they came from (Korea). Looked up the company but it looked "just okay"! Did not see all the bad reports on separations (didn't look very good, I guess). Anyway after 20k miles only $1500ish to hopefully fix :=}

masterdrago , Jul 18, 2019
  6. TFucili

Yes, it did. I am in PA right now, will try to post a few pics when I get back. I just have a few with it wedged in the garage right now.

TFucili , Jul 18, 2019
    JR and gsbrockman like this.