Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DThweatt

I have had 2 sets of Michelin tires develop some small cracks in the tread area...but vegas is hard on tires..

DThweatt , Mar 8, 2018
  2. DThweatt

I just put on a set of toyo 255 80 17 toyo at2 on...I like the these tires....I have 3k miles towing with no wear so far...

As a bonus I'm running 285 75 18 on another ram diesel...on factory rims I had powder coated...2 of the tires took 3/4 of an ounce to balance , I think that is crazy on an almost 35 in off road tire

DThweatt , Mar 8, 2018
  3. jam1on1

so the left tire that i changed already had a code of jan of 15 and the spare that i put on front same code maybe a problem with that production of tires truck is a 2015 with only 16000 miles just doesn't seem right

jam1on1 , Mar 13, 2018
  4. Regcabguy

After tread separation on some Bridgestones and incurable vibes with some BFG's I switched to Toyo products. Easy to balance,strong sidewalls and some have been made here other's Japan.
    I get Michelins for my wife's Honda Pilot. I've never gotten the claimed mileage out of them even with rotation and rebalance.
    The AWD might have something to do with it.
    Great tires though.

Regcabguy , Mar 13, 2018
  5. Jared Herzog

So what failed on the tire?

Jared Herzog , Mar 13, 2018
  6. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Had a set that came with my last 98, made In China!

Cummins12V98 , Mar 14, 2018
  7. Mingoglia

I actually got 61k out of my rear Nexans. Front, like 30k. They're bald though. Only received one flat during this time.

Mingoglia , Apr 9, 2018
  8. 6speed TDR MEMBER

I have 115K on the rears (Michelins) And expect to get another 15k out of them before replacement. Just put a pair of Michelins MS2 on the front. The very first set that came with the truck (Michelins) I got 150K. I don't use my truck in town so maybe thats why I have done well with tires on a dually. I am usually around 25K towing

6speed , Apr 10, 2018
  9. BillGotthelf

Lost 3 on front due to tread separation. First was factory Nexen. Next 2 were replacement Nexens. Lost a 4th on the rear at 39,000 miles when air got between tread and casing. Blew up like a tire 2 sizes larger than one next to it. Let air out and it looked like a stop sign. A bubble appeared on the sidewall which got larger till it blew up. I was then able to get tire off of rim and install new one. Sticking with Nexens for now as I have 6 new ones on truck. If I get another tread separation no more Nexens.

BillGotthelf , Apr 18, 2018
  10. Jared Herzog

Well my Nexens are finally going in the trash. My truck runs smooth and has no vibrations. When i first got the truck i drove to discount tire to sell them as new takeoffs and get some all terrains. When i arrived there the guy laughed and said they would not take them. This is the first time ever they declined to buy my new takeoffs. They said they can not sell them and the tires are crap and they can not be liable for them. I am not sure about that liability since they do offer these tires for sale on their website.
    This is when i figured to just run them for a bit. As i get older i want to waste less money on things i can control. We were in the middle of building a home and the money was better spent on the house.
    Over the last two and a half years i have seen them wear weird. I have been plugging the cracks that developed through which i could see steel. The cracks did leak air. The worst got put under the truck as a spare. My goal was to hit 30,000 miles. I have been nursing these tires for 20,000 miles. The rears if kept there would be ok. The rear is lighter and has double the tire. Every tire that went to the front was ruined by the weight if the Cummins. Ram should be ashamed of these tires on a otherwise great truck package. I am at 29,200 miles and another front broke the belts. The truck shakes so bad it can no longer be driven. I lowered the air pressure to 50 psi to limp it to the house at 10 mph. Due to the lack of a tire the truck may end up on jack stands since i do not think the truck will make it 30 miles to town through the hills and curves i must go through. There is limited space to change a tire on the side of the road. I could just run four tires instead of six but the reality is i only have three tires that can go on the truck and none of them are round or crack/plug free.
    I guess if you guys are running these tires still be careful and check for bulges and open cracks at every stop and at the beginning of everyday. I had to order the Cooper Maxx St and they will be here tomorrow. Good luck.

Jared Herzog , Apr 19, 2018
  11. TowPro

which tires do you have? Rodian HTX or Rodian AT.
    I think the AT is the upgrade tire with the raised white letters?

TowPro , Apr 19, 2018
  12. Jared Herzog

I have the Roadian HTX.

Jared Herzog , Apr 19, 2018
  13. TowPro

My new truck will have them. I think an alignment will be in order once I get it (to real specs) before it's to late. It spends most of its life with arctic Fox 990 loaded, and my buddy has a rack it will fit on with camper loaded ☺

TowPro , Apr 19, 2018
  14. Memflash

Your getting 100,000 + miles out of these tires?
    I have a 2017 3500 DRW I have had for just over 4 months and have 45,000 miles on the truck and the OE Nexens. They are just about done. I have gotten 100 + on big truck steer tires but not on a pickup. I would say about 98% of my miles are highway and 75% towing. I of course would like to get more miles and will look into these.

Memflash , Apr 21, 2018
  15. Memflash

Your getting 100,000 + miles out of these tires?
    I have a 2017 3500 DRW I have had for just over 4 months and have 45,000 miles on the truck and the OE Nexens. They are just about done. I have gotten 100 + on big truck steer tires but not on a pickup. I would say about 98% of my miles are highway and 75% towing. I of course would like to get more miles and will look into these.

Memflash , Apr 21, 2018
  16. Warwagonness

Hey there-I like yur truck.. :cool:

Warwagonness , Apr 22, 2018
  17. Memflash

Someone sent me that picture of a class c motor home made into a 5th wheel years ago. I was in west TX last week and saw either it or one just like it sitting in a field off I-10.

I don't know if this one is a setup or someone really tried this

STRAPS.jpg #ad

STRAPS.jpg #ad

Memflash , Apr 23, 2018
  18. Newsa

"Nexan, A Tire You Can Tie Your Load To"

Newsa , Apr 23, 2018
  19. Learjet

well...23,500 on the Nexens and a belt shifted on the front....off with all the Nexan junk....new tires on the way.

Learjet , Nov 6, 2018
  20. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

YUP, that is about the mileage my POS Generals had a front tire tread separation. I just said screw it and installed Michelins at 200 miles on my 15 and sold the nEXENS for $650 on CL.

Cummins12V98 , Nov 7, 2018