Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurlesonR

:p :-laf :p :-laf :-laf I missed that part... LOL

BurlesonR , Sep 23, 2010
  2. BurlesonR

The more I drive the new truck, the more I like it! I'm eager to get the 1st 500 miles out of the way and hook one of the trailers to it. It feels strong and smooth empty though. I like the shift strategy of tow/haul better and find myself leaving it engaged... .

BurlesonR , Sep 23, 2010
  3. HBarlow

HBarlow , Sep 23, 2010
  4. stick

We put 1100 miles on ours getting it from Idaho to Utah, and was really impressed with the ride. We leave Utah in about two weeks for Oklahoma towing our fifth wheel, and looking foward to seeing how she tows.

Stick

stick , Sep 23, 2010
  5. champspa

beautiful truck, the pictures look like downtown Orange , nice little town . I was just through there a week ago.

champspa , Sep 24, 2010
  6. BurlesonR

BurlesonR , Sep 24, 2010
  7. BurlesonR

I look forward to hearing how she tows. Have a nice trip!

BurlesonR , Sep 24, 2010
  8. BurlesonR

Thanks!

Not Orange, but close. It's George Street in downtown Fredericksburg.

BurlesonR , Sep 24, 2010
  9. hwebster

Congrats... Nothing quite like the thrill of picking up the new Cummins

hwebster , Sep 24, 2010
  10. BurlesonR

Thanks Harrison! You're right!:-laf

BurlesonR , Sep 24, 2010
  11. BurlesonR

A little update on what I've been doing to the new truck... .

I installed the B&W over the weekend and it went in perfectly. Except that the center section box was a return (I didn't notice until I opened the box) It was scratched up and I was missing the ball and the hardware pack including the U bolt safety chain attachment points. This especially sucks because I've had the hitch in my garage for almost 2 months waiting on the truck. Wish I noticed the duct tape on the box... I painted the scratches, continued with the install and called B&W on Monday. They said sorry about the inconvenience and no problem about sending me the missing items. This is my 4th B&W and I can't say enough good about them. Great company! I also started on the Ride Rite's, but ran out of time. I hope to work on them one evening this week, but haven't had a chance yet.

Dealer installed my chrome bug guard and body side molding and it looks good.

Got my my first order from Geno's, MBRP exhaust tip, MAG-HYTEC rear diff cover and Husky front splash guards yesterday. I had a few minutes and went ahead and installed the front guards and exhaust tip. The only time consuming part was having to get the Sawzall out to cut 10 - 12" off the end of the tail pipe. The MBRP tip will only slip about 3" over the pipe. Not all the way like the Mopar or ANSA tip... It looks good though. I'll install the diff cover when I change the lube in a few thousand miles.

I've got another order coming from Geno's today with a brushed aluminum fuel door and an AMP Research rear step. I might work on that tonight instead of the Ride Rite's... .

I've been waiting on my order from Duraflap, it's been a week. I email them yesterday and got a reply saying they ran out of "plastic" and a new shipment is due to arrive on Friday... Said my order would be going out 1st thing next week. I'm a little disappointed in that, but what can you do?... ( I've got a beach trip I'm leaving for on Monday and I wanted them on for that)

I've been back and forth on the phone with Transfer-Flo on the wedge tank. They took the order and everything was good. Then, almost a week later, I got a call saying they didn't make one for my truck, but after several different calls I finally convinced them to ship me one for a 2010. That should be here by the end of the week. Hope I'm right and there isn't any wiring changes on the '11. We'll find out soon...

Last Thursday while driving home, I had an acorn fall out of a tree and ding the hood... :{ Luckily I was referred to a good dent guy and he made it like new again for 75 bucks. Sure was a sucky feeling to get a dent on the 3rd day of ownership, but it's all good now...

I'll take a few pictures once I get everything installed and she's all cleaned up.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    BurlesonR , Sep 29, 2010
  12. stick

I sure would like to see the bug guard. Iv'e been looking for one, but can't tell much from pictures on the net. Is it Mopar and do you have part numbers?

Stick

stick , Sep 29, 2010
  13. BurlesonR

Yes it's a Mopar chrome. Mopar also has a smoke color too.

I'll find the work order, get the part number and take a picture for you.

BurlesonR , Sep 30, 2010
  14. tp0d

I got the bug guard also... does yours install with chinsy pop rivets? With the hood closed it doesnt move, but with it open, it feels like its gonna fall off. Hasnt though, in almost 10kmiles. . (and around 100mph hehhhhh)

-j

tp0d , Oct 3, 2010
  15. BurlesonR

Sorry so long to post pics Stick. We've been out of town and I had limited Internet access. I can't find the work order with the part number, but it's the only chrome "wind deflector" Mopar makes for the '10 and up.

BurlesonR , Oct 11, 2010
  16. BurlesonR

Yeah, it has the plastic rivet looking deal holding it on... Feels loose with the hood open, but is tight when closed. They are the same fasteners that are used on the rear wheel well liner access plates... . I was disappointed when I first saw them,#@$%! but now think they'll work fine. :D

BurlesonR , Oct 11, 2010
  17. stick

Thanks BurlesonR:

I saw that deflector on the Mopar sight. When i picked up my truck in Idaho they had one i really liked that was different, i guess i should have went ahead and got that one, but i just hated to spend more money than i already had.

Stick

stick , Oct 11, 2010
  18. sno_bound

What ever happened with the aluminum wheels?

sno_bound , Dec 6, 2010
  19. SearsK

I've got a 2011 Laramie on order, keep me posted on the wheels please.

SearsK , Dec 18, 2010
  20. SearsK

No wheels yet ?

SearsK , Dec 28, 2010