1. NIsaacs

:-laf Thanks Gary and JR.

I know my customers will have questions that I can't answer, so I guess just tell them to do their own research. I am a huge fan of rice and probably have consumed a ton or more. Us older guys know how the rice paddy's were fertilized back in the day, and maybe still are:) Also, chickens are about the nastiest barn animal there is, but fried chicken and eggs are dang good food!

Nick

NIsaacs , Mar 10, 2018
  2. TFucili

Even with a 330 medium duty, and a Clark wide-ratio 4 speed???

TFucili , Mar 10, 2018
  3. TFucili

Duplicate post.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    TFucili , Mar 10, 2018
  4. NIsaacs

Yup, as long as it had a 2 spd. rear and a bottle of nitrous:D

Nick

NIsaacs , Mar 10, 2018
  5. NIsaacs

stupid double.........

NIsaacs , Mar 10, 2018
  6. TFucili

I can laugh about it now, but we had a '72 at the lumber yard with 330 MD, wide ration Clark 4 speed, NO two-speed, 6.17 Rockwell, hydra-vac brakes, armstrong steering. You could not spec out a truck more unsuitable for a job. When a hill appeared on the horizon you dropped it into second, put on the flashers, wound it just under the vacuum governor, rolled down the driver's window, and started waving angry drivers by:rolleyes:

TFucili , Mar 10, 2018
  7. TFucili

I can laugh about it now, but we had a '72 at the lumber yard with 330 MD, wide ratio Clark 4 speed, NO two-speed, 6.17 Rockwell, hydra-vac brakes, armstrong steering. You could not spec out a truck more unsuitable for a job. When a hill appeared on the horizon you dropped it into second, put on the flashers, wound it just under the vacuum governor, rolled down the driver's window, and started waving angry drivers by:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    TFucili , Mar 10, 2018
  8. NIsaacs

I liked the 70's model ford F series, but yes, some were Plain Jane. When I went to work at the local Allis Chalmers Dealer, fresh out of high school (69) they had an early 60's model C-600, with the 330, but it had a 5&2 and power steering, I really like that ole truck. Keep in mind, I was coming off the ranch and driving a 1944 IHC K7 with the 269 blue diamond 6 and Clark straight cut geared 5 spd. Then in 1970, the dealer bought a new Louisville 600 with the 361, 5&2 and power steering, that was a nice truck but we were miffed because they didn't get the 391, lol

Nick

NIsaacs , Mar 10, 2018
  9. NIsaacs

stupid doubles

NIsaacs , Mar 10, 2018
  10. NIsaacs

Finally had time and weather allowed me to finish my side boards. I used 2x6 lumber, so that will give me 2 more yards of capacity. It really helps with spill over when the loader just dumps in the middle. With some real wide buckets, it's hard to dump anywhere else, so the middle heaps up.

0320181310.jpg #ad

0320181314.jpg #ad

Nick

0320181310.jpg #ad

0320181314.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Mar 20, 2018
  11. NIsaacs

I hauled a small load of mortar sand today, so I got to weigh my new trailer and pickup empty, 14,300 lbs. No wonder I was over weight with the load of poop, this trailer is 1,000 lbs. heavier than the Load Trail...mystery solved.

Nick

NIsaacs , Mar 29, 2018
  12. NIsaacs

Well, I hauled 3 loads on Easter again, and yup, Dot was working again. They had a big truck pulled over, every trip I made. Arizona is getting bad and some rules changed. I have been studying AZ DOT's web site, they are requiring a DOT number on any 1 ton truck hauling 18k or more for pay. This includes anyone that has a hobby of any competition where you "might" be paid for a win. Plus any 1 ton or more is automatic commercial and you must declare your maximum weights.

I am using an exemption/clause that says "any passenger car, pickup of 3/4 ton or less, or light weight vans that haul for pay, under 1000 hrs. per year". I am definitely a 3/4 ton and haul way less than 1000 hrs. a year. So, when push comes to shove, I hope DOT interprets the law same as I do:D

Nick

NIsaacs , Apr 2, 2018
  13. TFucili

Back East I had to declare GCWR to register my 3500, plus when I had it in the company name the insurance was just outrageous. Sorry to see AZ sliding down the same "gotcha" slope.

TFucili , Apr 2, 2018
  14. GAmes TDR MEMBER

As long as I have been transporting trailers (13 years) AZ has been a PITA. Having an awning on a 102 inch wide RV requires an oversize permit if you are commercial, but not if you are the owner. My 3500 has to have a permit to operate in the state, but 2500s are exempt doing the same job. A 30 day permit is just a little more than a one trip permit. I pay for 26,000 even if the trailer behind me puts me at 18,000 GCVW just in case the I go back through with a larger trailer. IOW, as long as you are pulling with the 2500 I doubt things will change.

"This includes anyone that has a hobby of any competition where you "might" be paid for a win."

The FMCSA (which could be different than ADOT) says you are only commercial under their rules if the pay and expenses for your hobby are claimed on your taxes. In short, pulling my bass boat to tournaments that sometimes pay very well does not make me commercial because the IRS says to claim expenses in excess of winnings (operating at a loss every year) constitutes a hobby and is not allowed. Only someone like Penske racing who has sponsors and employees and obviously has to report to the IRS has to worry about DOT numbers, not weekend racers operating on their own dime.

GAmes , Apr 2, 2018
  15. NIsaacs

Two customers bought all I had, no questions asked. I do explain what it is and what EPA says, in my ad. We picked up 2 loads yesterday, we get a price break on 21 yds or more, so we picked up 21. I hauled 12 and my driver hauled 9. My load was about 25k, the 'ol 91 about 19k.

They have this real cool 906 Cat Loader with 2 yrd bucket, don't take long to load. They were just finishing up loading a big truck (transfer dump), they are a big local landscape material supplier here. They use a special dirt ramp to load big trucks so the small loader can reach over them. The operator is quick but needs to pay more attention, he damaged the side boards in two places on my drivers rig.

0409180859_Burst02.jpg #ad

Nick

0409180859_Burst02.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Apr 10, 2018
  16. JR

Interesting you brought this back up, there was just a piece on the local news over the weekend about biosolids. Apparently, there is a facility in Rocky River (suburb of Cleveland). A farmer has been stockpiling loads from the plant in anticipation of using it on his fields and may be in trouble with the EPA. Just like with any other manure there are regulations on the storage of it and he's got it stockpiled in the open. With all the rain the issue is the contamination of local water ways. No different than any other poop, its gotten so bad here you aren't even allowed to spread it on the fields on rainy days. I take this as more of an issue on the farmers end than anything. Apparently this is also a class b which has detectable levels of pathogens compared to a class a.

17. jhenderson

One dairy farmer I know was forced to build a cement lagoon with an agitator and purchase a liquid dispenser for his own manure to be used as an applicator on his fields. It had to do with POTENTIAL nitrogen loading of a nearby stream.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    jhenderson , Apr 10, 2018
  18. jhenderson

Around here, as far as I know, waste water treatment solids are not legal to use on crops for human consumption or forage for animals that will be consumed. Heavy metals seem to be the problem. Of course we’re in a manufacturing area with dubious controls on what gets dumped into the sewer.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    jhenderson , Apr 10, 2018
  19. NIsaacs

I have done a lot of research on Bio-Solids and every time the article will point to Class A or B. It seems Class A is fine but Class B is highly regulated. This material is Class A but we have not used it yet, Lol

Here are a couple paragraphs that I keep seeing in my research:

Sludge that is applied to farmland–or even golf courses, home gardens, and, in the past, the White House lawn–comes in two flavors: Class A Biosolids and Class B Biosolids. The only regulatory difference between the two is the level of fecal coliform, which is lower in Class A.
    Class B Biosolids may be applied only to land where crops fed to animals are grown. No restrictions apply to Class A Biosolids. You as a home gardener can even buy these at your local gardening store and grow your own food in them. Various cities get very creative at “branding” their sludge, so that gardeners can choose between “Milorganite” from Milwaukee, “Hou-Actinite” from Houston, or “GroCo” from Seattle.

Nick

NIsaacs , Apr 10, 2018
  20. NIsaacs

Installed some folding steps on my dump today. One on each side in the front and one on the rear. With 3' sides, I can't reach nuthin :)

Nick 0506180824b.jpg #ad
    0506180824a.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , May 6, 2018