1. NIsaacs

A dump truck has it's advantages over a dump trailer when the dump site is tight and with PTO, no dead batteries. That's a big truck, at least a F-7000, tires look like 10:00x20's? I would like to have your shop:D

Nick

NIsaacs , Feb 16, 2018
  2. JR

It has come in handy for my personal uses but nothing I couldnt do with a dump trailer. Tags and insurance are a factor, the engine is tired, cylinder leaks like a seave, clutch slips under heavy loads if on soft ground, I'm reluctant to put any real money into improving it. Anything over 50 mph is a real hoot :D she's a local route rig only. I'll run it until it's not economical and probably move on to the next "project" as the boss calls it :-laf

Regarding your battery issues, how many loads does it take to run it down? You have this problem on your newer trailers?

3. NIsaacs

On a close haul with not much time to charge I can only dump about 4 loads. The batteries are the small group 24's and the battery box is too small to install a larger battery. It really is not too big of an issue so I don't do anything about it. I did buy the best gel deep cycle battery that Car Quest has for my Big Tex bumper pull but that didn't seem to help much. Most of the time we only haul one of two loads on any given day so they work fine most of the time.

My brother added a second battery for his tilt deck. I could do that on the goosenecks because they have big tool boxes, the bumper pull only has room for one, it seems to take more power than the goosenecks for some reason. I was surprised at my new dump, it has a large 110 volt charger with a cooling fan, 8 amp I think, the other two are trickle type, it takes all night to charge them.

Nick

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    NIsaacs , Feb 16, 2018
    hseII likes this.
  4. TFucili

Wow, I thought when that "new body style"(showing my age now!)came out the illustrious fuel pincher was replaced by the Brazilian tractor diesels.

TFucili , Feb 16, 2018
    hseII likes this.
  5. JR

I'm not real current on all the F series options but I didn't think the Brazilian engines were available until the late 80's. This ones an 81, and I went and looked at an 85 for some parts that also had the 8.2, so I know the Detroit's were offered at least until then... unfortunately :D

hseII likes this.
  6. NIsaacs

For the mileage and price, this local C/L ad would be a pretty good buy. I feel like the C-series engine is too small for a truck this size or I would be interested. It needs at least an ISL. I can't figure out why the fender well opening is mismatched.

https://showlow.craigslist.org/hvo/d/dump-truck-equipment-trailer/6477696363.html

00O0O_RU2eAchLMU_1200x900.jpg #ad

Nick

00O0O_RU2eAchLMU_1200x900.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Feb 18, 2018
  7. GAmes TDR MEMBER

Isn't that just a rubber dirt deflector? It looks like the fender lines are lined up.

GAmes , Feb 18, 2018
  8. NIsaacs

Okay, that makes sense.

Nick

NIsaacs , Feb 18, 2018
  9. NIsaacs

NIsaacs , Feb 27, 2018
  10. NIsaacs

So, after about 3 weeks of hauling with the new trailer, I am really liking it. However, I have also had a sneaking suspicion that I might be a little heavy for my 26k limit, so I weighed a load yesterday...yup...I was 27,420, oops:) I haven't had a chance to weigh the trailer empty, but I am thinking about 6k, it is heavy.

Didn't I buy this trailer so I could haul more?:D

Nick

NIsaacs , Mar 6, 2018
  11. BIGNASTY

Not to change subject on ya Nick cause I use the Hell out of my Dump trailer.

JR your building in the picture did you build it or not? Im in the planning process of building a ( Loafing Shed ) is what I call them to cover equipment.

BIGNASTY , Mar 6, 2018
  12. JR

I did not build it, it's no where near big enough for any real practical shop use. 24' x 32' pole barn with 9' ceiling. It sets a couple hundred feet off the house and the previous owners never ran electric or water to it. I basically use it for storage, I keep my Land Cruiser out there along with the ATVs and my zero turn and a few other miscellaneous things.

13. NIsaacs

Got my new trailer stuck in BFE sand dune country yesterday, 65 miles from home. I was afraid I was going to have to unhook and go get my loader, so I was mad and didn't get any pictures, Lol. Finally decided to just dump it (he wanted it spread) and so I shoveled a trough in the sand in front of all tires/axles down to solid ground and managed to pull out. I did give the guy a discount since he will have to spread the cinders, but advised him that the next load I wouldn't, that the sand was just too deep for a truck/trailer combo. I think a dump truck would be okay.

Nick

NIsaacs , Mar 8, 2018
  14. Mark31 TDR MEMBER

Hey Nick! I'd be glad to run out there and haul a few loads for you with my 74 C 60 Chevy. Just pay for the gas! Mapquest says 2k miles. 6 MPG! Just holler when you're ready! Mark

Mark31 , Mar 8, 2018
  15. NIsaacs

Thanks Mark!

If that was a Ford F-600, I would say bring it on, lol.

Nick

NIsaacs , Mar 10, 2018
  16. NIsaacs

Does anyone use or know about compost generated from a Wastewater Treatment Plant?

Since I am in the fertilizer business :) I am going to try and move some. The local facility here sells all that they can produce. It is certified by the EPA as a Class A Bio-Solid, suitable for soil amendment. However, with that said, they do not guarantee it:D

0308181023.jpg #ad

0308181149.jpg #ad

Nick

0308181023.jpg #ad

0308181149.jpg #ad

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    NIsaacs , Mar 10, 2018
  17. JR

Is it comparable in price to the manure you buy? How big of a water treatment plant is this? That is a new one to me, but in these parts we have been known to be behind the times so to speak. ;)

18. NIsaacs

I was hoping you would know something about it since you are in the AG business.

Here is a link:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Dud9vaNa2vIAzABXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByb2lvbXVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1520709118/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.plsd.com%2f/RK=2/RS=hPfoJZoCHJlePPQNFHrUa3Ah32Y-

I am going to try and sell it for the same as my manure. It is an 80 mile round trip haul, but it is light (about 900 lbs. per yard) so I can haul 12 yards and I don't have to grind it, it is ready to use. The little 'ole granny working the counter said she uses it in her garden and eats the veggies, Lol.

The cow manure I get is a 100 mile round trip haul, but it is free, then I have to grind it. It is also heavy, about 1200 lbs. per yard, so I can only haul 9 yards, same as cinders. This is the only plant of it's kind in the White Mtn. area that I live in, that is within driving distance, about 12 small, local towns.

Nick

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    NIsaacs , Mar 10, 2018
  19. JR

Nick, not sure what class B refers to but using fecal matter from any carnivore, including humans, as fertilizer for crops has always been a no go due to the bacteria and pathogens in the scat. But that is also without any processing, hopefully they are taking precautions to sterilize the ��, without taking too much of the nutrients out of the compost.
    Human waste also has some of the lowest carbon to nitrogen ratios when compared to herbivores. Typically the higher the ratio the safer the application without worry of over fertilizing. The only manure that is "hotter" than human waste is chicken. But again, this is in raw form and likely not an issue with your product.

20. GAmes TDR MEMBER

We have a plant for that stuff not far from here. About 20 years ago I hauled a bed full for a friend of mine who uses it in his garden. He hasn't died yet.

GAmes , Mar 10, 2018