1. Matt42 TDR MEMBER

Those look like the nylon bushings I pulled out of the springs on a 10K GTW work trailer I once used. One of the rockers had broken, so I rebuilt everything except the springs themselves. I had hoped to install rockers and bronze bushings that were greasable, but none were available that fit. So it was nylon again. Sure towed better and was a little quieter.

Matt42 , Apr 22, 2023
    NIsaacs likes this.
  2. Topzide TDR MEMBER

Greasable bolts sure make a difference along with nylon bushings! I had the advantage of chucking mine in lathe and making my own. Has become just part of the pre-trip check to see if a shot of grease is needed. After the install of greasable bolts, much nicer towing and quieter! Helps the longevity of the trailer suspension which saves $!

Topzide , Apr 23, 2023
    Matt42 and NIsaacs like this.
  3. NIsaacs

Sold this one. It was a quality trailer that needed to be used. All we need is one for emergencies, such as an ill animal or forest fire evacuation. Otherwise they just sit.

Bought another one that needed rebuilt, plain Jane two horse straight load, CM. Seems to be a good old trailer, '95 with Al-Ko 3500lb torsion axles, (4) wheel brakes. All new wiring, some lights, new hub and tires, it is ready to go. Note how well the brakes look for a 28 year old trailer, the dry state of Arizona.

0501230943.jpg #ad
    0508231501.jpg #ad
    0508231544.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , May 9, 2023
    brucejohnson likes this.
  4. NIsaacs

Also talking with Diamond C trailers for one of their high flow pumps. They are designed for the telescopic cylinders, so only power up and gravity down but I think they will be fine on my scissors. They worked with KTI pumps in the design, so they have an exclusive on this pump. About a 50% increase in cycle time over the standard pumps.

Finished the install yesterday. Nice! Not quite twice as fast (up) but almost. The gravity down is still slow but since there is no battery drain, I will just deal with it. Not sure what the flow is but I think in the 3-3.5 gpm range, standard pumps are 2. The motor on a standard pump is 1.6 kw, this one is 2.2. I was a little worried about programing the wireless remote but it was easy. It is way more handy, than using the corded remote.

0505231644.jpg #ad

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    NIsaacs , May 10, 2023
    Jdorfmeyer likes this.
  5. crispyboy

So with the horse trailer being a 1995 were the torsion axles any good? If a trailer sits too long the rubber rods in the suspension will harden and the axle will sag leaving you with no suspension. They need to drop a few inches when you jack them up. I have replaced torsion axles on 5 different Airstream travel trailers.

crispyboy , May 10, 2023
  6. NIsaacs

That I am unsure of. I do know that Dexter warrantees them for 10 years v/s spring axles at 5 years. Lippert is 11 and 6.

How do you check them? The tire clearance seem about right with the fenders.

NIsaacs , May 10, 2023
  7. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Is it just me, or do you fellows see a lot of these dump trailers broke down on the side of the road? Most of them I see broke down are either roofers or landscape guys. Seems to me that since they don't have to physically unload them, just dump them out, these guys fill them up, not thinking about the weight of the load. Most I see either have a blown out tire or a wheel pointing in the wrong direction....:eek:

BigPapa , May 10, 2023
  8. NIsaacs

I wonder if that has to do with an RV always loaded, 24/7? Utility/horse trailers are always/mostly parked empty.

I had a mid '90's Towmaster equipment trailer with torsion axles that appeared to be fine. I used it to haul my tractor and chipper, about 4k with no issues.

Now you have me worried:D

0314221052.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , May 11, 2023
  9. NIsaacs

I don't see that here. In the past 10 years there has been a population explosion of dump trailers, they are everywhere. Same with backhoes, skidsteers and excavators, trucks and trailers by the gross.

NIsaacs , May 11, 2023
  10. crispyboy

crispyboy , May 11, 2023
    NIsaacs likes this.
  11. BarryG TDR MEMBER

To NIsaacs comment and Big Papa’s

Bought a dump trailer myself last year. Diamond C 12x77 so bit of a lite weight as far as dumpers go but so far so good for its use.
    Going to go tomorrow to pick up another trailer. Another Diamond C but in the LPX flatbed variety and then next week picking up a Kubota SVL 65 to put on it

I do see some dumpers that certainly appear to be overloaded especially by roofing companies but rarely see them stuck on the side of the road but do wonder how long they will last when i see them like that

BarryG , May 11, 2023
    NIsaacs likes this.
  12. NIsaacs

Description, specs and pictures please of the LPX.

NIsaacs , May 12, 2023
  13. Topzide TDR MEMBER

It takes a few time being over loaded to then be seen on the side of the road! The rationale of "it's not full yet, so can't be over loaded" shows that they shouldn't be towing a trailer! That's the biggest mistake that's made when loading trailers, let alone trucks of all types. Always take a "wide" berth around those suspect loads. The worst loaded trailers I've seen are the "tail wagging the dog" loads. Sometime you need to exit the road for a coffee break or restroom. Sometimes both! :eek: I like the fact that most on TDR keep their equipment in better shape than most! :cool: I try to pull the wheels off trailer once a year but no more than every other year. Maintenance can be your friend in finding any issues that may be impending! Keep them on the road!

Topzide , May 12, 2023
    BigPapa likes this.
  14. BarryG TDR MEMBER

Well I am leaving tonight to get up there for a morning pick up. Driving about 250 miles this evening to get it but for the 2-3k difference in price I was willing to drive to BFE Nebraska. So I don't have actual pics of it yet but here is a couple links

this one is from Diamond C's website if you click on the photos they have a bunch.
    https://www.diamondc.com/trailers/equipment/lpx/#

This link is from the place I am getting it from and am assuming it is the actual trailer but it could be just a set of stock photos of that trailer from their location
    https://www.countryloadtrailersales.com/diamond-c-lpx-82-x-18-D33n.html

14.9k GVW, 18' floor, 11k+ for carrying capacity. The SVL 65 weighs 8500 throw on the grapple attachment on there as well another 800 ish pounds for it. Should handle that weight just fine. I am not getting the mega or max ramps just their standard flip up wide ramps (24 inches wide) does come with a nice toolbox/storage area and is black in color. Nothing super special at all but the few Diamond C brand trailers I have had have been good quality for me for the use they see. And while not top of the line I don't think they are bottom of the line either just a decent mid elvel brand.

I was hoping to get the trailer from the same place I am getting the SVL as they have a sister company that sells trailers but what they had on their website vs what they had in stock were different and didn't have the one i wanted, it had been sold. They did have the next size up a 20' DC LPX but they wanted an awful lot more for it for 2 more feet of floor.

BarryG , May 12, 2023
    NIsaacs likes this.
  15. NIsaacs

Too much work, so I installed a tarp motor. Works awesome and fast. The drill had the power, but too slow and would twist me into a pretzel.

0629231057.jpg #ad
    0629231114.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Jun 29, 2023
    HPSimpson and AH64ID like this.
  16. NIsaacs

Sure do like this long arm tarp kit. I can deploy it a couple of feet and protect the back of my truck cab. The commercial chippers can throw the big chunks 50' There are times when there is no room to get beside the trailer and they have to shoot it up the rear. I have a small dent above the rear window from the sucker.

It does look like I am going to have to fold out the tow mirrors, the motor is creating a blind spot with them folded in. Even on 7' wide dump trailers I always keep them folded in, due to delivery location obstacles and narrow roads.

0630230805.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Jul 2, 2023
  17. NIsaacs

Installed another tarp motor, jacks this time. Nice not having to struggle to hold the drill and it is twice as fast. It won't lift a load, but for sure, it will work empty. Used the same power panel/switch, just used another cable quick connect.

0709230836.jpg #ad
    0709230908.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Jul 9, 2023
    Ozymandias, TomBrady and AH64ID like this.
  18. NIsaacs

Video's of the jacks going up and down, about 40 seconds each and the tarp deployed and returned.

The jacks are using a 1200 watt motor, 60:1 gearbox at 68 rpm.

Tarp is using a 900 watt motor, 60:1 gearbox at 60 rpm.

NIsaacs , Jul 9, 2023
    HPSimpson and AH64ID like this.
  19. NIsaacs

Hauled two loads of rock for my street yesterday. It is monsoon season so the gentle swale we have crossing the road was getting a little sticky. Covered it up with two loads, side by side with about a two foot overlap in the center.

Asked for 6 ton and got 6.32 and 6.02, good operator. Trailer is staged and ready to trip the gate. My helper runs the bed up/down with a wireless remote and trips the gate when I start moving.

[​IMG]#ad

0814230940.jpg #ad

0815230814.jpg #ad

0814230940.jpg #ad

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    NIsaacs , Aug 15, 2023
    bcbender likes this.
  20. bcbender TDR MEMBER

Did you add the electric trip on the gate? I just dumped my 1st load in my new trailer.. I was going to ask you about a solar float charger recommendation, I think I'd prefer it to a cord all the time.

bcbender , Aug 16, 2023
    NIsaacs likes this.