1. JR

Does it use twice as much juice as well :D

Is the double pump set up faster than the ones with the bypass for the gravity down? I have wondered why more don't have that option as it would save on battery for guys that run multiple loads a day. Plus its faster than the single pump set ups.

Kinda off topic but I just caught a video this morning on Diamond C's new trailers coming up. They have some sweet stuff. If I had more money I'd be dangerous :D
    This was a recent trailer expo in Tennessee.
    The first 2 to 3 minutes is fluff then it starts getting good.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  2. NIsaacs

Yes, twice as much juice, but for only half as long:p

Yes, the double pump is twice as fast, 4 gpm v/s 2. I ordered the gravity down option on my PJ ($225) it is worthless, way too slow especially if it is cold. I thought like you, save on batteries but I don't use it. Plus if you use it with a partial load in the bed it will over fill the tank. Goes down faster than it can vacuum the fluid on the other side of the cylinder.

Thanks, I will watch the video.

NIsaacs , Oct 30, 2021
  3. JR

That's really odd. I guess it don't always work in practice like it does on paper. Who'da thunk it :oops:
    My only experience on gravity down is with a tilt deck. It dropped pretty quickly, faster than my dump for sure. But I don't remember much about the system.

Not helping ya out again (as always:oops:)
    I got my sides together today.
    I ended up mounting the tarp back to the top board. I Made some brackets out of 1" x 1/4" flat bar.
    Thanks for the suggestions, helpful as always Nick.

20211030_181313.jpg #ad
    20211030_181246.jpg #ad
    20211030_181220.jpg #ad

4. NIsaacs

Looks good JR! Can you reach the crank? I would be too short, lol. I know you said you wanted the sides easy to remove but I think you will fined it is rare. If you do, you will need to transfer the tarp too.

Good video and some really nice trailers. I watch most of Jacob's videos and comment from time to time. He will always respond. He/DC, seem like real standup folks.

Go to their trailer build site and spec out a nicely equipped dump, you will fall off your chair:eek::D

NIsaacs , Oct 30, 2021
  5. DHayden

Not trying to divert, but I did a build on a Diamond C last year which was a tandem dual and was about 34k. I just did a build on a super single and it was 64k! not even all the options. Trailer prices are ridiculous these days...well so is everything else. Par for the course I guess.

DHayden , Oct 30, 2021
    NIsaacs likes this.
  6. JR

Yes I can reach The tarp, being tall does have its advantages every now and then :)It was mounted out of necessity for the sawdust and was kinda the quick and dirty way to do it, but it actually works well there and is solid. Mounting it to the GN frame would require some fabrication...not sure that I want to weld to it and booger up that nice powder coat just yet. Remember, stuff rusts here. BAD! :eek:

I wanted to keep them removable because I have been loading a lot of fill from the side with smaller equipment. The sides will no doubt make it more difficult but maybe not enough to worry about. It'll be a little trial and error.

7. NIsaacs

Trailers are crazy expensive now. The MSRP has went up $7.5k since I ordered my FMAX208 in December of last year. The dump trailers are worse.

NIsaacs , Oct 31, 2021
  8. NIsaacs

I did find out the plug in my tank is 3/4"npt. I didn't expect that because the plug and the dip stick/filler (same size) threads in like straight thread and they both have an o-ring seal. However, the plug is too close to the pump valves for clearance to add a fitting.

I think the best option is to add a pass through fitting in the bottom side of the tanks. I can remove the pump off the tank and get my hand inside to thread something. Not sure what that fitting is called.

12_volt_hydraulic_pumps_for_sale_large.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Oct 31, 2021
  9. JR

Your talking about drilling a hole in the tank and adding a bulk head fitting?

3-4-inch-Bulkhead__02936.1582224897.jpg #ad

AH64ID and NIsaacs like this.
  10. NIsaacs

Exactly, thanks JR! I didn't know what it was called so I couldn't even search.

NIsaacs , Oct 31, 2021
  11. JR

Just make sure you buy one with seals or o rings rated for oil, generally nitrile or viton.
    Some types will swell or soften over time.

AH64ID likes this.
  12. NIsaacs

Now you tell me, lol I ordered these but it don't really say on the seals. I also ordered two 90's and two straight with barbed ends.

I will also need to upgrade my load control/restrictor valves from 2 gpm to 4 gpm or 3.5 is all I see. Dang they are $55 each, I wonder if I can drill mine out some. No clue what size tho.

http://www.fayettedistribution.com/...e-Hydraulic-Fitting-Strai-p/06-250-12-3.5.htm

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    NIsaacs , Oct 31, 2021
  13. gsbrockman

That guy’s mere dialogue is enough to make me bail.....again.

gsbrockman , Oct 31, 2021
  14. JR

You should be fine, in the description it says this
    Also in the questions section the seller states nitrile.

It must be difficult to be so easily triggered :rolleyes:

Its a trailer video. Try not to let it ruin your day! :)

NIsaacs likes this.
  15. gsbrockman

I avoided the “triggering”......by avoiding his video. Day saved....not ruined after all! :D

gsbrockman , Oct 31, 2021
  16. JR

I'm guessing the "him" is the younger fella and not the Diamond C rep the video was focused on and had a ton of good info about their next gen trailers. Lots of good info in the video regardless of how you feel about the author.

gsbrockman likes this.
  17. NIsaacs

Broke an eyelet on the left rear spring on the Lamar dump. 4k spring and 8k axles. No clue how/why that happened. I went ahead and replaced as a pair. Genuine Dexter, made in China:)

1103211223.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Nov 3, 2021
  18. JR

Was the cheap nylon bushing wore out? Bolt seized maybe?

19. NIsaacs

The bushing was gone but the bolt was fine. I think with the spring sliding back and forth, it destroyed the bushing. The other side was fine. I just replaced the bushings and bolts recently. In my opinion, it broke in a low stress area, the front part of the eye takes a bigger hit.

When I first noticed all the slack in the spring/tire...I was like...dang Nick you did it again!! I thought maybe when I replaced the bushings, I missed the eye with the bolt:eek::D

NIsaacs , Nov 3, 2021
  20. JR

At the risk of repeating myself, I'm super surprised you don't use a wet bolt kit with bronze bushings. Not that it would have prevented that but they hold up so much better than those cheezy nylon inserts. Its how they should come from the factory IMO.

NIsaacs likes this.