1. Dan_69GTX TDR MEMBER

Bummer on the nails!

I drove through your neck of the woods last month when I drove to Gilbert after my brother's death. At Holbrook I went south on 377 to Payson and then 87 into the Phoenix area. Hit a wicked snow storm that made it difficult to see. Snow was building up on my very warm hood.
    IMG_0958.JPG #ad
    IMG_0963.JPG #ad

Dan_69GTX , Jun 19, 2019
    NIsaacs likes this.
  2. NIsaacs

Couple of short video's of the LT40 Woodmizer in operation.

NIsaacs , Jun 19, 2019
  3. DavidC

Why does that look easier than laying under a truck wrestling a fuel tank.:D

DavidC , Jun 19, 2019
    TFucili likes this.
  4. NIsaacs

You wouldn't think so if you ever pulled green chain on a sawmill, those slabs are heavyyyy:D

NIsaacs , Jun 20, 2019
    Dan_69GTX and TFucili like this.
  5. DavidC

In that case I guess it looks easier because I am not one of those doing it. :D

DavidC , Jun 20, 2019
    TFucili, Dan_69GTX and NIsaacs like this.
  6. jhenderson

Everything looks easy(er) when someone else is doing it. The better they are at the project, the easier it looks.

jhenderson , Jun 20, 2019
    NIsaacs likes this.
  7. NIsaacs

Remember this repair on my Lamar dump? Lamar's fix for their new models:D Why in the heck didn't they just use 3/8" wall tubing? There would be no disruption to their assembly line:eek: Doesn't appear like they addressed the top side weakness....

2019_Lamar_Trailers_DL-21k-gooseneck-4_side_Dump_Trailer_yOJ5Ie.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Sep 3, 2019
    TFucili likes this.
  8. NIsaacs

My son's next project, 1 of 6. Not sure if that is one tower or two, I gotta find out.

3664.jpeg #ad

NIsaacs , Sep 5, 2019
  9. TFucili

Why do it right when you can do it twice?:rolleyes:

TFucili , Sep 5, 2019
    NIsaacs and DavidC like this.
  10. DavidC

Nick, do you know what it is for ?

DavidC , Sep 5, 2019
  11. NIsaacs

Yup, two towers. David, they are for cell phone tower bases. It take three per base.

I just did a tilt cylinder repair on a Model 80 JD loader and was feeling kinda big...then he sends me a picture of that and I kind of shrink a little:D

0904190634.jpg #ad
    0904190645.jpg #ad
    0904190714.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Sep 5, 2019
    DavidC likes this.
  12. TFucili

At least that's a relatively easy cylinder to pack. Did you have to boil the gland to soften it up, or did it go together without a fuss?

TFucili , Sep 5, 2019
  13. NIsaacs

It is a warm day, so yes, no fuss, even tho the piston is only 2.250". That means a small Teflon seal to stretch, the bigger the better. On a cold day I use hot water. I did suck it up some with a hose clamp before install in the barrel. The barrel is tapered so everything went together by hand.

The hard part was breaking the rod guide loose from the years of rust that built up behind the lock nut. They have since changed to a better design.

NIsaacs , Sep 5, 2019
    Dan_69GTX and TFucili like this.
  14. Dan_69GTX TDR MEMBER

When I saw your first pic I noticed the worm clamp. You don't have any problems with the holes of the clamp affecting the seal?

I tried that one time with a Teflon seal on a trans and it wasn't happy.

Dan_69GTX , Sep 10, 2019
  15. NIsaacs

No issues at all, I use it on steering gear seals too. I just crank it down gentle, just enough to resize the seal slightly.

NIsaacs , Sep 10, 2019
  16. NIsaacs

Working on the tub grinder again, conveyor this time. Re-did one new splice and small repair on a second one. New pillow block bearings on the top idler, SKF 206 oem were on it, not sure what the new ones will be. Dang, they are rusted on. I have to remove the bearing housing so I can pull on the inner race, they still pull hard.

0911190651.jpg #ad
    0912190814.jpg #ad

NIsaacs , Sep 15, 2019
    TFucili likes this.
  17. jhenderson

I’ve never seen a segmented roller on a conveyor, only solid tube. Suppose the idea was to prevent material from lodging between the belt and roller?

jhenderson , Sep 15, 2019
    NIsaacs likes this.
  18. DavidC

We used them all the time in above ground mining, the idea I guess was no build up plus it kind of beat the belt so material did not stick but what do I know I was the electrician :D

DavidC , Sep 15, 2019
    TFucili and NIsaacs like this.
  19. jhenderson

Not the big time mining you’re talking about but all the gravel banks around here use solid tube. Even on runs up to 250-300 ft. Could be a regional thing?

jhenderson , Sep 15, 2019
  20. DavidC

Could be. The only tube ones I saw them run were magnetized to try to catch the metal before it made it to the crushers or vsi.

DavidC , Sep 15, 2019