Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWeiny

Stupid question

Hub centered means the hub centers the wheel vs.

the lugs centering the wheel?

What would happen if you had a wheel that was bigger than the hub? would it be ok to "lug" center it?

Sorry, I am not clear on the hub vs lug centered thing.

IWeiny , Mar 11, 2004
  2. Ben Rumson

Re: ups wheels

Excellent Post Billy!

Help us understand more.

"The wheel needs to be hub centered over our hubs. GM hubs(UPS) are 4. 55", our Dodge hubs are 4. 77" and a Ford hub is 4. 88". "

What does this mean in translation? In order to center UPS rims, to our stock locations, we would have to add a . 22" (4. 77 - 4. 55)spacing ring to make up the difference?

Ben Rumson , Mar 12, 2004
  3. thejeepdude

Re: Re: ups wheels

I think he means the hole in the middle of the wheel that allows the hub to protrude through isn't big enough.

thejeepdude , Mar 12, 2004
  4. Ncostello

Thats the way I take it. The GM wheels do not have a big enough hole.

I would say the hubcentric wheels support much of the weight right on the hub for safety reasons at the weights the heavier duty trucks see... whereas my F150 lugcentric wheels dont support that kinda GVWR.

Ncostello , Mar 12, 2004
  5. Discountdiesel

If anyone is looking for the 19.5 steel wheels of a p 30 chassis I have some
    Call me 4197797354 gary

Discountdiesel , Apr 4, 2016
  6. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Holy ancient thread resurrection Batman! 12 years old!

BigPapa , Apr 4, 2016