Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonFitzwater

You are correct Bob. Unfortunately my dealership operates on one way roads. :D

DonFitzwater , Jul 12, 2019
    Bob4x4 likes this.
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

At least you have now a second Fob that already is a must have, don't know why you only had one of them.
    Money well spent in my opinion.

Ozymandias , Jul 12, 2019
  3. Wayne M.

Don, find another dealer if possible.

Wayne M. , Jul 12, 2019
  4. sag2 TDR MEMBER

It should not be that hard. The RF hub looks for the fob and waits for the fob to confirm the request. We know we now have a good fob, so it has to be the RF hub or one of the antenna's.

sag2 , Jul 12, 2019
  5. DonFitzwater

I agree Sag. I have gone as far as placing the fob in different areas of the truck and the problem even occurs as soon as the passenger doors are opened, not just drivers door. Seems the common denominator is the RF hub.

DonFitzwater , Jul 13, 2019
    HPSimpson, AH64ID and Wiredawg like this.
  6. sag2 TDR MEMBER

it's programed so every time the door opens it looks for the key fob. That's why it should always occur when a door is open but I've seen it where there's a door ajar switch problem along with an RF hub problem and then it will randomly occur.

sag2 , Jul 13, 2019
    HPSimpson, TFucili and DonFitzwater like this.
  7. DonFitzwater

Got Chrysler involved. A week later I drop the truck off for an appointment. Dealer has the truck all day. I get a call at the end of the day that they still don't know whats wrong but they are going to throw a radio frequency hub at it and see if that fixes the problem. RF hub is on national backorder. :rolleyes: Ya think they might have a little problem with those? :D

DonFitzwater , Jul 19, 2019
  8. Wayne M.

At least you’re getting somewhere.
    Unfortunately this is where Ford has FCA on the ropes, parts availability and price. Ford has fantastic control of their parts channels. Mopar has not been right since DCX upset the cart forever.

Wayne M. , Jul 19, 2019
    HPSimpson, DonFitzwater and TFucili like this.
  9. DonFitzwater

True. They had engines for my 6.7 Powerstroke in inventory both times it blew up!

DonFitzwater , Jul 20, 2019
  10. TFucili

5.4 head gaskets were on national backorder when mine crapped out:D

TFucili , Jul 20, 2019
    HPSimpson, Wiredawg and DonFitzwater like this.
  11. Wayne M.

I guess that’s right about when they started really pushing in vehicle spark plug hole repairs :D

Wayne M. , Jul 20, 2019
    HPSimpson, Wiredawg and DonFitzwater like this.
  12. ChrisStevens

I had the exact issue and my trips to the dealer spanned several months. We did finally get to the bottom of it. There is a module in the rear of the cab and apparently its near a cab vent. The vent wasnt sealing well and Mine had gotten moisture in the module and that was what was causing the problem. Same issue with it would work during the mornings and then the fob would quit after me being out part of the day..... or sometimes vise versa. Hope that helps.

ChrisStevens , Jul 24, 2019
  13. DonFitzwater

I’ll post my findings when the dealer gets parts in......still on backorder.

DonFitzwater , Jul 24, 2019
  14. TFucili

No parts yet, Don?

TFucili , Jul 31, 2019
  15. DonFitzwater

Parts came in Monday of last week, dealer scheduled me for last Wednesday. Dropped the truck and picked it up yesterday. So far, so good. I'll update this thread in a few weeks as to the success of this repair (which I am fairly confident of). No false warnings the last 24 hours after the RFH being replaced.

DonFitzwater , Aug 9, 2019