Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Only difference is, it depends if Sentry Key is enabled from factory or not. Trim level plays into this.

Ozymandias , Feb 11, 2022
  2. CharlesinGA

My '03 Tradesman model does not have chipped keys. I use a standard brass key and have put the original keys away to keep from wearing them out. This truck has NO power options, manual door locks, crank windows, etc.

I had a Winnebago motor home on a 2006 Sprinter cab/chassis and used a chipped key, I bought new ones and had them cut and programmed for very little money, that sounds like what key system everyone is referring to. Guess I am lucky to have a basic truck.

Someone on the Sprinter forum took his key apart and took the RFID chip out and glued it to the side of the energizing coil that surrounds the lock tumbler and after that he could use any key.

Charles

CharlesinGA , Feb 28, 2022