1. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Too much timing and too much rail pressure make for the rattle, think of it as pre-detonation.

For me on the stock tune it was too much rail pressure combined with the more efficient 03 piston/injector.

It's not interesting that @Axekicker doesn't have any rattle, as a good tune won't rattle.

I don't want to guess how others tune, but MPG tunes are often more pressure and/or timing to squeak mileage out. I generally don't sell mileage tunes, but rather tune all tunes to cruise efficiently and quietly, it's up to the end user to keep their foot out of it :D

Touch base with Rob, he's a great tuner and a better guy. I've drank a few beers with him, thou it's been a long time. He'll set you up correctly.

I know people have different views, but I'm not a fan of early injectors over late pistons... I also don't like the BBi 0.5's, as I've only ever tuned one set that didn't haze, and he lives near sea level.... I'm confident he'd haze with any elevation.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    AH64ID , Dec 31, 2020
    promisedland and Mhennessy like this.
  2. Mhennessy

Thanks for the explination. I will have to hit Rob up about some adjustments as I prefer a smooth clean running rig.
    I have read a few injector threads on here and saw that you are not a fan of the early injectors with the later pistons due to the weak design and the spray pattern and that makes sense to me. I am hoping for the best and time will tell if it was a wise decision to go that route. So far I can say that they run clean and I sit at 5K ft above sea level and play around 8-9k with no normal operational haze present and I can drive the truck clean. Now naturally if I stab the skinny I can get a small puff of black but it is minimal compared to my stock stick with the old bully dog tuner (I know, I now have seen the light) lol. Do you sell tunes for the average guy and what is the going rate for one of your tunes?

Mhennessy , Jan 1, 2021
    AH64ID likes this.
  3. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Yes I sell tunes, but I’m not big on advertising or pushing tunes. As always PM if you would like more info.

Correct I’m not a fan of that setup, but it can easily be tuned for... but that takes a custom tune where the tuner takes it into account.

AH64ID , Jan 1, 2021