Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEdelheit TDR MEMBER

If you want a decently aggressive tread take a look at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, that is what I am running now and very happy with them. Had Toyo MTs before which are great tires but get pretty noisy, my Sequoia has Duratracs and I cant figure why people like them as I find them to be noisy, poor dry road handling and good but not great winter traction.

AEdelheit , Oct 31, 2019
  2. cerberusiam Staff Member

Go back and read the start, he tried both BFG and GY to no avial. I have no opinion on DuraTracs but have heard nothing great about them yet. Ridge Grappler and the Falken equivalent seems to be decent on gassers but have not tried them on a heavy truck. G2's are fine for traction but will not wear decent, suspect the Ridge Grapplers and Falkens might be in the same class.

cerberusiam , Oct 31, 2019
  3. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

I know that mine skated more over the road with new MT Tires and it needed several hundred miles to be back to normal.

Did the TO follow our advice to drive the tires for this distance before he went back to the dealer to switch for road tires?

Ozymandias , Oct 31, 2019