1. GAmes TDR MEMBER

I like "Ice made from scratch".

GAmes , Mar 24, 2023
  2. 06 Dodge

I missed that one, but then I was driving in the 70 MPH slow lane :) so had to keep my eyes on merging car & trucks

06 Dodge , Mar 24, 2023
    Michaelsloft likes this.
  3. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

So far my only disappointment was the other day I bought a sausage egg cheese biscuit. The scrabbled egg was not fully cooked and the biscuit was EXTREMELY salty.

Cummins12V98 , Mar 24, 2023
  4. 06 Dodge

Did not try out there breakfast food, the wife liked Whatabuger bacon egg cheese biscuit for breakfast, was surprised how well their breakfast taters tasted...

06 Dodge , Mar 24, 2023
  5. Crunch

Crunch , Mar 28, 2023
    brucejohnson and 06 Dodge like this.
  6. 06 Dodge

IMG_2390.jpg #ad

06 Dodge , Mar 28, 2023
    brucejohnson and Michaelsloft like this.
  7. slowmover

8. brucejohnson TDR MEMBER

brucejohnson , May 10, 2023
  9. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

So are you one of those equity types? Bucees doesn't do trucks. Pass it by.

Yo Hoot , May 10, 2023
    06 Dodge likes this.
  10. brucejohnson TDR MEMBER

Not I. Disappointed more in the way the truckers were treated. I kinda said it's a pass-up now, just in different words. Tough to make a real decision if the reasoning isn't clear. Maybe the story is missing some information. I have a pickup truck. Am I not allowed? No trailer on the tractor, no crowds, plenty of room, stopped for the experience, make some purchases and continue down the highway. Couldn't they pay for the goods, apologize and be on their way. Again, high probability in missing a lot of information all around. I can change my mind as additional information becomes available. More research needed.

ON EDIT: Research accomplished; additional items found in regard to some missing "mind altering" story facts. :eek:;) Kitty litter dusted off of bucket item tag and re-hug to list.

(Smack-smack) I have done some research and have found the crow sandwich most edifying.
    There IS a reason, and Buc-ee's posts it well, like in an article posted on their website, and signage at their stores.

Excerpt from an article included on Buc-ee's website:

Don't even think of showing up in an 18-wheeler
    Although not everyone is in danger of making this mistake, those that do will end up extremely annoyed. If you show up to Buc-ee's in a semi-trailer truck, you will not be allowed in. You will not be able to refuel and you'll have no chance to use the restroom — that's because you won't have anywhere to park. Per El Paso Car Transport, the chain displays a sign prohibiting 18-wheelers from entering the parking lot. Per a Reddit post, bobtails — semi-trailer trucks without trailers attached — are also not allowed on the premises. Reasons for the ban include a concern for parking lot space and cleanliness — both of which Buc-ee's claims would be reduced if truckers were allowed into the establishments.

Many truck drivers are not so happy about this restriction. On Reddit, one trucker voiced their discontent about Buc-ee's ban: "I think it's time we start a petition to allow 18-wheelers into Bucees' parking lots. [...] Their turkey club melts, brisket sandwiches and beaver nuggets need to be accessible to everyone."

Other truckers were less interested in ending the ban: "Even if I was in a car and able to go in, I wouldn't. [...] I just can't give a place that dislikes us so much my money," one commented. However, some self-proclaimed truck drivers admit that they do indeed have a reputation for being messy and understood the reason for the ban, even if it meant not being able to visit Buc-ee's.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/1081624/mistakes-people-make-at-buc-ees/

https://questalley.com/is-bucees-a-truck-stop/

https://www.kvue.com/article/opinio...-ees/269-655234be-ef25-4828-bc5a-0b2447daec4b

Last edited: May 11, 2023
    brucejohnson , May 10, 2023
    slowmover likes this.
  11. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

Private business their choice their rules kinda deal. I get that.

Kinda an odd story for sure, my takeway is they think truckers are dirty and there is no room to even park a Bobtail? Kinda a shame they think that, sound weak to me.

I had a driver call me yesterday had a load of gear for us, I usually get in at 9am after I drop my daughter off, he asked if there was anyway to get unloaded early. I said sure meet you at 5am be done before she wakes up and back to the house. Unloaded him, and tossed him a few bucks to grab some lunch or something. I don't always go out of my way, but I felt he held up his side we both got something out of the deal, he called early, load was nice and secure, (had a Conestoga Trailer, they are sweet. I knew that when he called I asked. In case he had to untarp).

Check out the size of Buc'ee compared to Love's across the way.

Screenshot_20230511_072427_Maps.jpg #ad

Timd32 , May 11, 2023
    brucejohnson likes this.
  12. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Buc-ee's is simply not designed for Semi trucks. Didn't watch the video. Can a Semi enter and use the pumps? If I can do it being at least 65' double towing I am sure they can also. They just don't have the big parking area for Semi's like Love's etc.

Cummins12V98 , May 11, 2023
    brucejohnson and Wiredawg like this.
  13. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

I hear ya, they don't need to do squat, but the limited info shared said they were stopping to eat and buy some crap, trailer was dropped and was just a Bobtail.

Timd32 , May 11, 2023
    brucejohnson likes this.
  14. brucejohnson TDR MEMBER

Or the high flow, double sided pumping...
    Once I researched their story and mission it all comes clear. They are a specific type of Travel Center with a guided focus toward a particular customer base.

brucejohnson , May 11, 2023
    Wiredawg and 06 Dodge like this.
  15. Wiredawg

How hard is it,they don't want tractors or tractor trailers. It's not a social or a race thing... They want cars,light duty trucks and RVs. Simple rule, no second class anything. There are plenty of truck stops. I've been going for years and will continue to go.

Wiredawg , May 11, 2023
  16. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

It's not at all hard. Most places want one or the other. None want the Trucks and Cars in the same area at all ever.

Can't count how many times I had to move on to another station due to size of my Gasser set up.

"Gas" pumps are not set up for folks with trailers for the large part out East here and parts of the Midwest, you roll off thinking it's a good spot and find out quickly that there is no way to get your rig in there, and if you could might spend more time wasted trying to get back out.

So would be awesome to have a known place to swing in and be able to fuel up, and do all the stuff they offer.

I just find it odd they post links to those kind of stories on their corporate "news", basically if you check it out they have a news bot that links all the stories about their company, they probably have not a clue what any of the stories contain, positive or negative, if it has their filtered words it just generates a link most likely.

Timd32 , May 11, 2023
  17. Wiredawg

It's not at all hard for MOST. There are always folks who don't want follow rules and try to make something out of nothing. There's a Mexican Restaurant a few miles down the road that an incident has elevated in social media. A lady and her two unruly and messy toddlers were refused service because of the annoyance to other customers and mess they made. The customer made a big deal about it on social media, which proves there is no pride or shame for some. The owner replied professionally and stated, as the owner, she exercised her right to refuse service.

The Buc-ees in Luling has oversize vehicle pumps away from the main building where RVs and non-tractor trailer rigs can fuel. It doesn't have pumps setup to fuel rigs with tanks on both sides. Hot-shotters use it too. There's a Love's on the other side of I-10 and MOST everyone (99.9%) are happy. I have a MH that has two 70-gallon saddle tanks, so I don't stop at Buc-ees for fuel. Loves however, don't have pickled quail eggs and wonderful sandwiches like Buc-ees.

Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , May 12, 2023
    TomBrady, brucejohnson and 06 Dodge like this.
  18. GAmes TDR MEMBER

I always assumed that "No Trucks" was to protect the parking area from being torn up by heavy vehicles. Been in a truck stop parking lot lately? Be that as it may, Loves fuel is a blow to the wallet compared to Buc-ees prices. 20 to 40 cents per gallon adds up quickly when you have an 85 gallon capacity like I do.

GAmes , May 13, 2023
    06 Dodge and brucejohnson like this.
  19. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

No kidding on the price!. Love's is a great place to stop but VERY expensive. Near our NW home the other day Loves was $4.759 and the much smaller small Truck Stop right across the freeway was $4.259. That saved me nearly $15 on my fill. But when I am Double towing I go to the main Truck stops because I know I can get fuel without issue.

Cummins12V98 , May 13, 2023
    Wiredawg likes this.
  20. Wiredawg

You need a diesel fuel card if you do truck stops. Filled up MH at TA, got $.46 / gallon savings for $3.09/gallon price.

Wiredawg , May 13, 2023
    06 Dodge, TomBrady and brucejohnson like this.