1. Crunch

It really is almost like an amusement park, isn't it? I'm guessing that you a) bought some fuel, b) used the amazingly clean bathrooms, and c) bought some fresh made food. But, did you go full tourist and buy at least one T-shirt?

Glad you enjoyed the Buc-ee's experience. I'm guessing they are on a track to go full on national in the future, so get ready for them to be a household word.

Crunch , Mar 15, 2023
  2. 06 Dodge

Yep, I got a T shirt for me, wife & grand kid :) along with Jerky to take back to Oregon for family... I was also surprised how much better fuel mileage we saw after gassing up their compared to gas from QT in Waco.. Will be stopping there again on way back to Dallas to fly home...

BTW after eating BBQ at several places in Central TX, the wife & I was surprised to find out that a small BBQ west of Waco called Helberg BBQ in Woodway TX served better brisket, pork ribs, pinto & baked beans then the famous Salt Lick in Drift Texas....

06 Dodge , Mar 15, 2023
    GAmes and Wiredawg like this.
  3. Crunch

Welcome to the cult. As for the better fuel economy, keep in mind that Quik Trip uses standard fuel additives. Buc-ee's uses actual beaver oil, though they try to keep PETA from finding out about that. And with the purchase of your T-shirts, you have a hell of a social experiment waiting for you back in Oregon: Wear your shirt in public and see how many people know exactly what you are wearing, and how many people give you a confused and puzzled look.

Buc-ee's must also get inundated with questions and comments, too. I went to their "contact us" link once. When you click it it seems like between 15 and 20 questions pop up one at a time to probe what you want to contact them about. If you answer "Yes" to their subject question a predefined answer appears. If you answer "No", the next question pops up. Only once you have reached the end of the list do you get a text box to write what you want. I'm betting the questions are loaded to show the most asked question first, and then moves down the list from there. Not surprisingly, one of those questions is for people wanting to sell their land to Buc-ee's to build a new location. Another tells you where future locations will be. I've got land north of Springfield, MO and was both pleased and dismayed to see that they will open a location in Springfield, MO in 2024. Pleased that Missouri will have at least one Buc-ee's. Dismayed that it won't be on my property. I'm sure they pay some good coin for location property.

Crunch , Mar 16, 2023
  4. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Insane how many fuel lanes! Best fuel price in the area.

5B2CCB6A-F10E-4EE1-9BB8-5566E8CB06FB.jpeg #ad

Cummins12V98 , Mar 16, 2023
  5. 06 Dodge

Yes it was nice to see low Diesel prices at Buc-ees did see one station south of Hillsboro TX with gas at $2.79 diesel at $3.45. Man I'm jealous they are not coming to the NW left coast but then it would be very hard to find nice polite people to work for them or ones who know how to cook BBQ....

06 Dodge , Mar 16, 2023
  6. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

Moving to Texas, watch all 6!

Buc-ees is included.

SnoKing , Mar 16, 2023
    06 Dodge and bigceltic like this.
  7. Crunch

Just finished watching the last one. Absolutely hilarious. Perfectly sums up Texas and Buc-ee's. Dude still couldn't shoot straight even by the last episode, though. He could get his Texan card pulled for that. Gotta love that Babylon Bee...

Crunch , Mar 16, 2023
    06 Dodge likes this.
  8. 06 Dodge

Well its official friends & family all agree that the jerky I brought back from Buc-ees is some of the best Jerky they have ate, do wish they had a web site you could order jerky from...

06 Dodge , Mar 22, 2023
  9. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Pic does not do justice as to how damn BIG this place is. Nice second gen!!!

Cummins12V98 , Mar 23, 2023
  10. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

D10436D8-C909-4A36-B4E7-AE7ABC194C5B.jpeg #ad

11. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

10A5E747-82D5-4B5E-85D2-3B2EC8C60C00.png #ad

12. 06 Dodge

Yes they have plenty of pumps IIRC they had some 250+ at the one in New Braunfels TX and I think 225 fuel pumps at the others I stopped at, I also liked that they have low gas $2.85 & diesel prices at $3.49, I can add that all of there stations have high quality gas compared to the QT gas I put in the rental car...

06 Dodge , Mar 23, 2023
  13. Crunch

Question three on the Buc-ee's hierarchy of questions they get:

Buc-ee's Contact Page

There are various third-party resellers of Buc-ee’s products, but they are not affiliated with, authorized, sponsored, or endorsed by Buc-ee’s in any way. Examples of such services are texassnax.com or amazon.com. However, Buc-ee’s does not have its own online store.

Question 1 is about new store openings, and question 2 is about ethanol-free gas and DEF.

Crunch , Mar 24, 2023
  14. slowmover

Low prices & quality offerings go away once competition falters and collapses. Anti-monopolization disappeared under Ronnie Ray-gun (your favorite President?).

Y’all all cheered on WalMart as it did the same thing, didn’t you? Small town economies destroyed, taxes raised, and welfare increased.

No surprise to me the many, many drivers cut in front of my tractor-trailer to exit for the bucktooth beaver. (Good company you keep).

If you actually cared about the family fuel budget, chasing pennies-per-gallon would have no effect as better habits would erase putative savings versus proximity risks.

Enjoy your cricket-meal snacks.

And, don’t forget your masks. They weren’t letting you in the door till your moral cowardice was fully on display.

slowmover , Mar 24, 2023
    Michaelsloft likes this.
  15. 06 Dodge

OMG what a load of BS....

06 Dodge , Mar 24, 2023
    GAmes likes this.
  16. Crunch

A friend of mine went down to Austin a few weeks ago and mentioned that there is another large volume travel stop that is apparently trying to compete with Buc-ee's. He didn't remember the name of it, but if it's true that means the Buc-ee's model has created competition, not diminished it. And the Buc-ee's model has so many layers on which competitors can compete: Low fuel prices, good food, clean bathrooms, large open spaces, etc. Would it be such a terrible thing if Love's, Quik Trip and other national travel stops remodeled their locations to have 200+ pumps, clean bathrooms, good food and good prices? I like Love's because I'm a big fan of Chester's Fried. But that said, sloshing through piss to get to a urinal and washing my hands in dirty sinks that are out of soap and paper towels just doesn't cut it once you've had the Buc-ee's experience. To me there are only two things about Buc-ee's that even come close to a complaint: Too few cashiers/checkout locations, and they won't let you fill up your road cup with ice for free; you have to pay the drink price even if it is just ice you want. Given the plusses, it's an easy choice for me.

Crunch , Mar 24, 2023
  17. 06 Dodge

Agree they create competition not hinder it. I also recall seeing a competitor CEFCO put up a sign saying don't give a buck to a beaver, I guess they don't like the idea that more people like Buc-ees then what they offered, my wife also liked Buc-ees having very clean clean bathrooms compared to other places that are dirty like some truck stops we have stopped at, I have to agree with you that Buc-ees needs more checkout locations but was surprised to see mid management manning a cash register

06 Dodge , Mar 24, 2023
  18. GAmes TDR MEMBER

Everyone I have been to has registers at three doors. Plus you have to count in that no one wants to work anymore. I have a friend who owns a glass shop. Every guy who has been interviewed has zero experience replacing windshields yet expect a big paycheck and benefits.

GAmes , Mar 24, 2023
  19. GAmes TDR MEMBER

Was that sign on southbound I35 just north of Temple? My wife pointed it out to me a week or so ago.

GAmes , Mar 24, 2023
  20. 06 Dodge

I do believe that is where we saw it, were on I-35 going south, wife & I were both surprised to see the sign, she really enjoyed the many Buc-ee's billboards along I-35, like the billboard with reason #1 & #2 to stop at Buc-ees...

06 Dodge , Mar 24, 2023