Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

I would like to inquire about your injured mind?

SnoKing , Mar 3, 2021
    TimothyLong likes this.
  2. bcbender TDR MEMBER

I do also, but more to save on service brakes :D, I never had to put a set of pads on my 04 in the 100k miles I drove it, maybe the new owner will..

bcbender , Mar 3, 2021
  3. Ltngdrvr

100K???
    Ha! That's nothing, my truck went over 500K on the original brakes!:p

Ltngdrvr , Mar 3, 2021
    bcbender likes this.
  4. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

HAAAA, too funny!

So far no issues driving truck as CEL comes on and off. My friend has been running his 13 DRW for a month now waiting on a City Diesel actuator.

YES I could use the Harley if I had to, I like to keep it for fun usage.

Cummins12V98 , Mar 3, 2021
  5. MRoberts

Well that is sort of great news.....for me! I'm in Rancho Mirage and have had pretty much zero luck in finding anyone competent in the area!

MRoberts , Mar 4, 2021
    Cummins12V98 likes this.
  6. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Update !!!

Dropped the LongHorn at Crystal Chrysler in Cathedral City, CA last Tuesday. They gave me a nice Jeep Compass to drive. Told the Service Mgr to take his time as I know sometimes they need to fit someone in. Received a message today the actuator replacement was approved and should be done by Friday along with a few smalls that are being covered under my 7/100 Zero deductible warranty.

Cool thing is every single Diesel that comes in goes to their "Diesel Guy" no matter if it's Diesel related or not. He has been their Diesel Mechanic for around 18 years. He knows his chitz.

REALLY happy it went while under warranty. :D:D:D

Cummins12V98 , Mar 23, 2021
    Topzide, TRAMPLINEMAN and Rob S like this.
  7. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Sounds good, hope you like the Compass as much as I did. It's a nice little Car.

Ozymandias , Mar 23, 2021
  8. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

it’s a Mini Me of our 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

interesting thing is our GC get’s the same mileage.

Cummins12V98 , Mar 23, 2021
    bcbender and Ozymandias like this.
  9. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Three weeks and three days later my loved RAM is back in the corral. Actuator, TH switch, Light under back seat, sealed third brake light, crimped door seal, seat belt retractor and three tire sensors. Bill to Chrysler was $4,900 and my rental was covered for the whole time.

Seems like a long tome, yes but I told them to take their time as I know they may need to help someone out that doesn't have time to wait.

I have had GREAT service from Crystal Chrysler in Cathedral City, CA this and a couple other times. Alex the service assistant mgr along with Mike their Diesel Mechanic you can't go wrong.

A friend is dropping his 13 off Tuesday for warranty work along with the 150k valve adjustment.

MaxCare, guess mine paid off. I still have 17k and 10 months left on the MaxCare.

Cummins12V98 , Apr 10, 2021
  10. ChrisStevens

Confirmed my Acutator is shot, got lots of small burned components inside. 141K. CityDiesel is somewhere between 2 weeks and 6 weeks wait time. Thinking I'm going to have to put it back together before I get the replacement. Is there a certain location I should adjust the turbo to when reassembling with the burned out module? Just had to happen right as boating season is starting.....and my crosstrek won't pull the boat.

ChrisStevens , Apr 16, 2021
  11. JR

How much for a City Diesel actuator now a days?

12. EDankievitch TDR MEMBER

City has a two year warranty. Reach out to Jayson an he will make it right.

EDankievitch , Apr 17, 2021
  13. ChrisStevens

IF your refering to mine its the stock unit. I'm on the wait list for a city diesel unit.

700 or 895 depending on if you want the whole assemble or just the electronics half.

ChrisStevens , Apr 17, 2021
  14. EDankievitch TDR MEMBER

Sorry confused you with another member that had an issue with a city unit. I’ve been very happy with my city unit.

EDankievitch , Apr 17, 2021
  15. ChrisStevens

Finally got my CityDiesel actuator in (Much quicker than I expected). Instant gratification, Installed the new unit, started my truck and no more error light. Truck runs as good or better than new. They really got a perfect replacement piece.

ChrisStevens , May 16, 2021
  16. Ltngdrvr

Good deal!
    Glad City Diesel has finally got some inventory back again.

Ltngdrvr , May 16, 2021
  17. DEickhoff

My Actuator went out on me as well. I just replaced the turbo. Then shortly after my thermostat went out. So this month I have replaced both. Now she runs great.

DEickhoff , May 18, 2021