Not open for further replies.
  1. CVR222NV TDR MEMBER

I see. A little more expensive for my 2006 but still a lot less hassle:

CVR222NV , Nov 12, 2020
    WBraico likes this.
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Yep, I forgot you've a 06.
    My opinion is do it once do it right.

The problem these "polishers" is that actually the plastic of the light is deteriorated entirely, not only the surface. Only thing they do is add a little shiny layer on it that will be away within a month, back on field one.

Ozymandias , Nov 12, 2020
    WBraico and CVR222NV like this.
  3. Montanashawn

I think the yellowing and discoloration is on the surface only, and polishing the surface can restore it. However, when you polish it, you remove the UV protective coating.
    https://www.drivingvisionnews.com/something-must-be-done-about-headlamp-lrestoration-kitsq/
    When I received my Retro HID lights, I put on a clear vinyl film that is supposed to be UV protective. I will let you know in about a decade if it helped! There are several brands available. Xpel, 3m etc. Just make sure you get a clear film, and not a colored or dark tinted film. That is a great way to ruin the output of your headlights for sure!

I would be curious to see someone polish up some headlights, then put a film on and see how it does. I put mine on brand new housings, so it's not really a good test.

Montanashawn , Nov 16, 2020
  4. sojoe

FINALLY got around to installing 2002-2005 (35 w) HID projector retrofitted headlamps from RetroShop.
    I had a few minor problems/called Jeremy-problem solved !
    The headlight kit wasn`t cheap but works GREAT. I sure do not miss the lousy stock head lights!
    Jeremy is a "stand-up" guy and has EXCELLENT customer service.

sojoe , Dec 23, 2020
    Ozymandias likes this.
  5. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Yes he is really a good and helpful guy, i remember that my kit missed a resistor and he sent me one out in a day and with fast shipping at no cost to Switzerland. Had it two days later. Excellent.

Ozymandias , Dec 23, 2020
  6. WBraico

Got a question, if we just put LED bulbs in our OEM Housings will they just spray light everywhere like they do in my 98.5 Ram?
    I would like to put some in my 07 RAM to, but they are the OEM non- projector lenses.
    Thanks

WBraico , Mar 4, 2021
  7. seafish

If the LED chips in the new bulb are located in the same axis and location as the filament of the halogen bulb that they are replacing, it will work out fine. That said, if the chips do NOT mimic the placement of the oem filament, then like you have observed, it will scatter light every where EXCEPT where you need the light. In that case you can need to uprgade to aftremarkert projector type headlight that run either HID or LED bulbs and put the light where you ir needs to be for safe driving !!

seafish , Mar 4, 2021
    WBraico likes this.
  8. WBraico

Yes absolutely, there wasn't much selection for my 98 back then. My 07 there's probably tons of aftermarket projector headlights out there and I guess the more expensive the more defined or crisp horizontal beam on the road similar to the European cars. So for now I'll probably just stick some Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in those OEM housings, I found those to be the brightest of the Halogen bulbs out there. So when I run out if tinkering with the Drive train/engine stuff I'll be looking to upgrade to some decent headlights with recommendations from members like yourself.
    Thanks

WBraico , Mar 5, 2021
  9. Blakers

Some valuable headlight information to keep current.

Blakers , Jul 2, 2021
    WBraico likes this.