1. Bob Wagner

This was the first time out with the new set up.

Trip from Seattle, WA to Yakima, Wa- 3passes
    (2 @ 6%)

Towing a 30' Mallard 5ver with dual slides and stand up bedroom (10K+)

Last year stock truck over passes was 45mph with the pedal close to the floor.

This year with the addition of 275's VA, PS and DTT's VB & TC (91%)

All passes were a pleasure to pull 60-65mph @2/3 throttle egts 1000 @ 30lbs boost

I would have gone faster but the wife was looking at me kinda of funny when I started to laugh and had the big grin on my face. [​IMG]#ad

It is unbelievable how well these trucks can tow with a couple simple modifications [​IMG]#ad

I believe to have found the ultimate towing combination for my needs that are safe and reliable.

Once you have the transmission modification that can transfer the power of the Cummins to the ground and add a couple of fuel enhancers to the package its a whole new truck. [​IMG]#ad

I would like to thank the NW BOMBers for all of there help adding the fuel enhancers and gauges and to Bill K and his crew at DTT for the transmission modifications.

Thanks,
    Bob Wagner

PS forgive my terrible grammar [​IMG]#ad

PSS The HY35 turbo is plenty big for these modifications

[This message has been edited by Bob Wagner (edited 05-07-2001). ]

Bob Wagner , May 7, 2001
  2. Gary - K7GLD

My mods are listed in my sig - my NEXT pull with our 24 foot fiver will reveal what the addition of a Power Shot 2000 propane injection setup will do... [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

------------------
    http://community. webshots.com/user/davison71 Early '91 250, 727 AT, 307 rear... Banks Stinger exhaust, intercooler... US Gear OD... Tweaked pump, upgraded radiator... MORE than a match for every new PS Ford encountered so far...

"Dura" WHAT? NOW I know where all those recycled beer cans go...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    Gary - K7GLD , May 7, 2001
  3. Archive

Bob... As you know, we enjoy helping each other! This is a great group! I am really glad to hear you are so pleased with your mods... that is what all of this is about!

Archive , May 7, 2001
  4. Justbeamn

Bob, glad to hear everything works to your satisfaction. Can't wait to get mine set up like yours. I can just imagine that big grin [​IMG]#ad
    !

------------------
    98. 5 3500 SLT Quad 6X6 * 3:54 Auto * Waterfall black/red * Custom dually flaps * Rhino lining * All acc's w/leather * Muth signal mirrors * K&N * Catz MSC's * 55watt back up lights * Optima Red Tops * 80/100 headlights?&src=tdr">head lights * Silencer ring "AWOL * BD exhaust brake * Banks EGT/Boost/Temp gauges * Mag-Hytec DC&TP * SS bug screen and fender trim * SS Stull diamond line running boards * SS 4" turn down * grill inserts
    My Dually

Justbeamn , May 7, 2001
  5. Ed Sigman

Bob,

Thank you for your reply and welcome in another post! I see why you think that I have made good choices. I also pull a King of the Road which tops out at 14,700 lbs. I finally have sufficient power to climb long grades with out saying, "I think I can, I think I can. " I know why you are smiling. It is a good feeling.

Good traveling!

regards,

Ed

------------------
    2001. 5 3500, H. O. , 6 speed, 4. 10, Isspro Pyro and Boost gauges, K & N air filter, VA, BD exhaust, Bosch 275 injectors, PS boost module and elbow. Tow 14k lb. 5er. Semper Fi.

Ed Sigman , May 7, 2001
  6. Vaughn MacKenzie TDR MEMBER

Bob, pulling 10K between Ellensburg and Yakima, BOMBed, with that TEENNY WEEEEENNNYY 9cm exhaust housing?? [​IMG]#ad

Only 1000F--that's amazing.

Vaughn

Vaughn MacKenzie , May 11, 2001
  7. Tom C

wow, that is pretty good temps Bob. . I can get mine to 1100° empty just passing someone. Did you modify you exhaust any??

------------------
    2001. 5 2500 4X4, QC, Auto, 3. 54 LSD, SLT, SWB, DD1's, EZ, DTT VB & TC, Westech Boost/EGT gage, Trailer, Camper & Snow plow Packages, White, 35k# Cody Hitch, 20' Gooseneck Lowboy flat-bed Trailer.
    1975 Toyota Landcruiser, ARB Air lockers Front & rear, 400 Small Block, SM420 4spd, Stock LC transfer case with 2 or 4 high and 2 or 4 wheel drive Low gears, 15. 5x36" Radial swamper on 12" rims, Custom front & rear bumpers, Roll Cage, Warn 8274 8000# winch, 2. 5" spring lift, 2" body lift. Premier on-board power welder, on-board air, 4-wheel power disk breaks, power steering, Lot of fun.

Tom C , May 13, 2001
  8. Bob Wagner

1000F was at 30 PSI. outside temp 65

This "tiny" turbo spools up very quick and cool the temps nicely [​IMG]#ad

I am very happy with the HY35 [​IMG]#ad

And that is with the stock exhaust [​IMG]#ad

And The T/C is Pre Turbo [​IMG]#ad
    and yes I sell
    T/c"s so the T/C is good [​IMG]#ad

[This message has been edited by Bob Wagner (edited 05-13-2001). ]

[This message has been edited by Bob Wagner (edited 05-13-2001). ]

Bob Wagner , May 13, 2001
  9. John TDR MEMBER

That is excellent news Bob! I'm glad you are happy with the way your Ram is setup... one of these days mine will be to that point too. [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[This message has been edited by John (edited 05-19-2001). ]

John , May 19, 2001
  10. Driftwood Ram TDR MEMBER

Driftwood Ram , May 21, 2001