Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KIKER

Can anyone tell me how to replace my windshield washer nozzles? The one on the driver's side just dribbles out and is useless. I have found them for sale at Rockauto, but would like to know what it takes to replace. Thanks!

KIKER , Nov 16, 2014
  2. Prairie Dog

You have to pull the plastic valance that your wipers go though.
    It's not hard, just pull the wipers, remove the supply hose for the washers and a pop out a few of those barbed plastic thingys'. There's a screw at each end as well.
    After removing those just pull the plastic valance back towards the eng to disengage three fingers that secure it to the metal of the truck and lift it off. You'll find the washers underneath.

Scott

Prairie Dog , Nov 16, 2014
  3. Shadrach

CAn you aim these things? Mine don't clean all the windshield. David

Shadrach , Nov 18, 2014
  4. Prairie Dog

I didn't look but they're pretty bulky and solid looking Shad - I kinda doubt it but maybe I missed something.

Prairie Dog , Nov 19, 2014
  5. ofelas

They should be held on the cowl underside by metal tabs. You can bend the metal tabs to align them.

ofelas , Feb 19, 2015
  6. AHolbert

I just happened to have done this very job today. I thought the driver side nozzle was plugged for the last year or so and after driving the truck during some freezing weather here, tried to use my washers to help clear some ice and they didn't work at all on either side. The weather warmed up today and having the day off, thought I'd look into the issue and fix or replace the driver side nozzle. Turned out to be a big hole in the washer reservoir line underneath the cowl. Very simple job, the hardest part was running to the parts store for reservoir hose and new nylon fasteners. I tend to be a little anal and replaced the cowl fasteners even though some of the old one's were still okay.

Remove the windshield wipers by lifting the tab located at the base of the windshield arms and lifting the wiper assembly off their posts. Then remove the phillips head sheetmetal trim screws from both sides of the windshield cowl. After that, gently pry up underneath the nylon fasteners located inside the engine compartment at the base of the windshield cowl assembly, seems like theirs about 6 of them and then gently pry the cowl upwards off of the truck. It's not necessary to completely remove the cowl to gain access to the reservoir hose or the windshield washer nozzles themselves. The nozzles themselves are removed by gently squeezing the base of the nozzle beneath the cowl with a pair of needlenose pliers and them lifting them free of the cowl. Both of mine were fine, my problem was with the hose between the passenger side nozzle and the driver side nozzle was rubbing against the windshield wiper actuator arm and had simply worn so big of a hole in the line that there was hardly any pressure at the driver side nozzle. After replacing the reservoir hose it's all working like new and turns out that the driver side nozzle was fine after all.

I do recommend taking a piece of the hose with you to the parts store so you get home with the proper diameter hose. I didn't pay much attention to the actual size of what I bought but it was the larger diameter of the two sizes that O'Reilly's had on the shelf and I used about 2 1/2'. The whole job took about 30 minutes and part of that time was spent cleaning the crud that revealed itself after removing the windshield cowl.

AHolbert , Feb 25, 2015