Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToolManTimTaylor

I have had one in my Mustang for years and still has been THE BEST mod yet. However I got to thinking having 125 Idle amps and a 200 peak output sure would be nice. So I went to the PA website and lo and behold ... they make - em for our trucks Oo.

Question is with that much amperage flowing theese things would shed off alot of heat. With heat comes a load, with a load like that (I am sure that it would be alot) will our frail belt systems hold up??

here are the specs .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PA-Performance is dedicated to offering high quality products to every consumer utilizing the Internet. - PA Performance - You Only Buy Quality Once ! 1. 877. 471. 8010

Dodge Diesel Power !

New!! We build the ultimate alternator for your 5. 9 Diesel Cummins powered Dodge truck.

Replace the stock Bosch or Nippondenso factory alternator for the last time on your 89-02 truck.

Replace the stock:

110 amp unit (45 idle amps)

136 amp unit (56 idle amps)

160 amp unit (60 idle amps)

The New PA Unit will make 125 amps at idle, a whopping 185 amps at 1400 engine RPM holding maximum power all the way to the redline...

Power where you need it.

Price Includes conversion plug if needed based on year of truck.

** NOTE ** there were two types of alternators used, one had a side facing B+ output stud and one was rear facing. Our unit will come with a rear facing stud. The wire will reach and there are no clearance issues, but be aware that this can be a difference and the wire may bend tightly as a result.

NEW NEW NEW !! We now have a self exciting or 1-wire version of this alternator available. If you are putting the 5. 9 Diesel powerplant into a vehicle not wired for it, this is your answer - no external regulator, no wiring. Just the main power feed wire and a small signal (key on / key off) wire to the alternator.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    ToolManTimTaylor , Sep 16, 2008
  2. metal tech

I'll give you my . 02 since I have the 200 amp PA alternator on my truck. There is no extra heat unless it's being tasked for power, ie, recharging after grid heater application in winter. It recovers way faster than the stocker. No problems with my serp belt so far. The dash voltmeter stays higher with less swing while recharging, if you can afford the $$ it's well worth it. AL

metal tech , Sep 16, 2008
  3. RRees

metal tech,

How long have you had your alternator?

No issues with it, I take?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Bob

RRees , Sep 16, 2008
  4. WilsonF

Up to this now I have had no need for an aftermarket alt. My stock one works just fine. I do a little towing, 34ft TT. So I guess my question is, whats the point?

Floyd

WilsonF , Sep 16, 2008
  5. RRees

They don't make them for my year of truck.

At least according to the website.

RRees , Sep 16, 2008
  6. Moose Truck

You that power to run these? https://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/1842246-post21.html :-laf What's with CT Guys named Tim and their Headlamps? :rolleyes: mooose

PS You may need an LED Cab Marker Lamp :eek:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
    Moose Truck , Sep 16, 2008
  7. metal tech

RRees: I've had it on for a year now. I have not had a single problem with the alternator. Just because it isn't listed, does not mean PA can't build one. Get all the numbers off of your stocker and give them a call. AL

metal tech , Sep 16, 2008
  8. Signal73

9. DWeiler

I have one sitting here beside the computer( nice folks to deal with),just haven't found the time to install yet----probable when i install a new belt plus the Fluiddamper too. i bought mine to help run these---my folks live way up in "sticks/booneys"of northern Alberta),you need these lights for all the wildlife on the road----came close to 3 moose in one day while traveling a few weekends ago for a visit. Pretty sad the amount of roadkill we saw---bet the wolves/coyotes eat well. DW

DWeiler , Sep 16, 2008
  10. WDaniels

I've have a "Mean Green" high output alt on my truck for about 3. 5 years now with narry a problem. I got it to drive all my stuff when it gets real cold and dark.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
    WDaniels , Sep 17, 2008
  11. RRees

I've sent an email to Mean Grean, just haven't heard any response from them.

RRees , Sep 17, 2008