Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archive

As the price of diesel continues to go up for no **** good reason, the best place for me to buy it is in South Jersey where I can save $. 20-$. 30 cents a gallon. Th only problem is the Delaware Memorial Bridge and it's $3. 00 toll.

If I could top off the Ram and bring back a few weeks supply for the VW, I could make the trip worth while.

Where can I get a deal on NEW Jerry cans??

------------------
    Gregor Switca
    -------------
    96 2500 4x4 auto SLT.
    99. 5 VW Jetta TDI
    Nothing but diesel in my driveway.

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  2. Archive

Check with JC Whitney. Look in the Jeep parts section . They sell new 5 gallon cans. Or another suggestions is to get a bed tank. I'm not sure on the capacity of these but you can buy them either white or diamond plate. My father buys county diesel for his tractor 50 gallons at a time and with low taxes and tranfers it to a 55 gal drum in the barn with a nozzle and pump. Hope this helps.

------------------

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  3. Archive

You can get jerry cans at the Sportsmans Guide. I have got things from them before. Great prices & Service! Lots of the stuff is New military surplus.

[​IMG]#ad

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/
    (Search Keword: Gas Can)

[This message has been edited by HEMI®Dart (edited 10-24-2000). ]

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  4. Archive

Why not try a race-supply shop for 5-gallon fuel jugs? They are about $20 each, Ive got lots of them! Race gas at the track is over $5/gal, and I can fill my jugs for $3. 75!

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  5. Archive

Switca,if it was me I wouldn't mess with the 5 ga cans. Just get a used 55 ga drum or two,there are drum dealers all over in the Yellow Pages,clean used ones are under $10. I prefer plastic myself. Then buy a barrel pump they're under $50. You now have one container to empty and fill instead of 11 jerry cans.

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  6. Archive

Switca, come further up -cross the Tacony Palmyra for $1. 00. Or even the Walt Whitman!

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  7. Archive

Now how do you get the 55 gallons back to your drum???? Unless you can get it delivered you have to drive around wwith a drum in you truck-I think he should find an equipment yard with heavy machinery and fill up there with un taxed fuel. So what if it has a little dye in it pickup trucks never get checked. And look at what you save!!!

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  8. Archive

I have 2 60 gallon plastic barrels that I picked up for just this reason and they slide out of the bed into the shed real easy using a couple of 2"x8"x8' planks. Paid $10 each for the barrels and borrow Dad's pump that he doesn't use.
    Local sporting goods store had new metal GI 5gal cans on sale for $19. 99 the other day. I prefer the square plastic 5gal cans that BCFAST mentioned cuz you don't have to worry about them rusting out and they fit between the wheel wells of my ATV. If you go plastic - be warned that the red dye will stick. My clear barrels are kinda pink from moving off road fuel to the tractor [​IMG]#ad

------------------
    4-sale or Trade
    '99, 3/4, QC, SLT, 4x4, ISB, 5sp, 3. 5xlsd, tow pac, HD tcase, tow mirrors, camper pac, White over driftwood, Mist gray interior. With less than 19,500 miles.

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  9. Archive

Red. . am pretty sure they raised the Tacony Palmyra to aleast 2 bucks

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  10. Archive

Yes they did last year- my fault on the misprint- I forget how much I give them each time- too busy wondering how toll collectors on that bridge can be so miserable every day. I guessed their pissed when they hear that diesel then see no weight class sticker in the windshield and they dont get to rob me for another few bucks

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  11. Archive

Just leave the 55 gal drums in your garage, call the heating oil company and have em come fill them up. That way when you get that new oil heater in your garage you'll be all ready. [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

I got a 275 gal tank allready but I havn't gotten my heater yet. [​IMG]#ad

------------------
    1972 Chinook class C with 96/215 5spd, 4/5" exh, 4"BD, MagHytec, 85gal fuel, K&N, autometer, www.fostertruck.com/cummins

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  12. Archive

I bought 3 5 gallon race jugs from Jegs early this summer. I also bought the 45 degree funnel. They paid for themselves in 3 weeks. Sometimes I fill up down at the Flying J by the Del. Mem. Bridge. I have saved alot of money so far this year. The 55 gallon drum sounds like a great idea. I might have to look into that.

------------------
    96 2500HD, lost my cat,K&N-Re-0880,Rancho RS 9000's, ext. cab, LWB, 4x4 w/western 8. 5 pro plow-finally paid for, 4. 10, tek style by design tonuea cover w/thule bike rack over the bed and cover, aftermarket front bumper with the foglights under the headlights,like the new style, red bumper and grill with billet aluminium inserts, mopar black powdercoted nerf bars, under the rail bedliner, wood grain dash, cab lights and dual trumpet horns,Marvel Mystery Oil and some Rotella, All SNAP ON, eclipse cd player w/extant amp on steroids, 135,000 going strong
    98 12v 3500 4x4 quadcab
    80 Porsche 911 SC Turbo Look Track car

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  13. Archive

Wallmart has the yellow cans for under $6. 00.
    I have three 35 gal drums, a 550 and a 290.
    Got diesel? UH HUH. [​IMG]#ad

I also have 5 or 6 5 gal cans to throw in the tool box for those long trips, and when I can find it cheap.
    FYI:
    The home heating oil guys around here wont put heating oil in a drum. Extremely parinoid. Not many farms, but plenty houses that use oil heat.
    If you look in the sunday paper, you can find FREE heating oil almost every sunday. Plenty heating conversions going on.
    PS Dont get caught with this stuff in your truck. It's a pretty big fine.

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  14. Archive

Rednut! what do you think a truck is for?If you have a problem rolling a drum down some boards,just pump or siphon it into another drum. I personally prefer the 1000 gallon ag tank solution.

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  15. Archive

Oil guys arround don't care. It's not illegal to sell it, only to use it on the road, no skin off their nose. You should at least call em an ask em. I think they'd probably deliver OK.

My $. 02

Archive , Oct 24, 2000
  16. Archive

Larry, been there, done that. I know my heating oil guy from the early 80's, when he had a gas station (bought my diesel from him for my rig, needless to say I spent a lot of money there) and he wont go near it. I just wanted to have a little extra, because it was supposed to be a cold winter. [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

I havent asked anyone else, I'm switching to gas so it's a moot point now.

Archive , Oct 25, 2000
  17. Archive

Thats great, now you can use your old oil tank. [​IMG]#ad

Archive , Oct 25, 2000
  18. Archive

Have to remove it. Something about it being underground, so it must be removed. [​IMG]#ad

I found NATO 5 gal "gerry cans" today for $7. 77 ea. Free nozzle with purchase of 6 cans, otherwise the spout is $6. 77 extra!!
    Ph # is 1-800-619-6964.
    I've never dealt with this place, and I'm in no way affiliated with them. They yake plastic, and the ad says they charge "actual UPS charge".
    Oh yea, web site is cda-discount.com
    Hope this helps you's guys. [​IMG]#ad

Archive , Oct 25, 2000
  19. Archive

patriot,get rid of that undergound tank before it gets rid of you!I've known a couple folks who were forced to spend more than their property is worth by several times to cleanup contaminated soil from leaking underground fuel tanks. One guy's contaminated soil went down 75 feet,they had to build a road into it to get it all out,then the soil was hauled 200 miles away to a hazardous waste landfill. Biggest bummer was that the tank came with the property when he bought it,he never used it!I've taken out four on my property and have gone to above ground,even though the tanks were fine,just didn't want a problem in the future.
    Bill

Archive , Oct 25, 2000
  20. Archive

Yes I know illflem. Not far from me, somebody I know had a 275 gal tank that started to leak over a weekend he was out of town. Well, long story short is IT LEAKED INTO THE LAGOON. The state police EVACUATED THE TOWN !!! (small town)
    The only good part (I guess it's good?) is that this gentleman was able to afford the cleanup.
    It's definetly going.

Archive , Oct 25, 2000