Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HerbW

Hi. I need new shocks on my truck. I've think of buying bilstein 5100s but they seem to fit only lifted trucks. Is that right? My truck height is stock. Any good luck with any other stocks? I want a new steering stabilizer shock also. Good price is also a plus. Thanks, Herb

HerbW , Jun 10, 2014
  2. seafish

Bilstein DOES make a 5100 for stock height trucks (or 0-2" lift as they call it). Genos garage can help you get the correct part#'s and they have more then fair prices as well as excellent customer service. It is possible that you might get a SLIGHTLY better price from eShocks.com, but I believe in supporting Genos just tio make sure that they will be around when I need them, plus their prices ARE competitive.

seafish , Jun 10, 2014
  3. jhenderson

I 2nd Genos and Bilstein.

jhenderson , Jun 10, 2014
  4. Prairie Dog

I've got the Blue and Yellows on my stock truck. Geno's had a good price and I couldn't be happier with the performance.

Prairie Dog , Jun 10, 2014
  5. Larry Willard TDR MEMBER

I would recommend Genos and getting the Bilstein's.
    Larry

Larry Willard , Jun 10, 2014
  6. cerberusiam Staff Member

The 5100's for the leveling kits work fine on stock height truck, much better suspension control than stock. The Bilstien steering damper is also better than stock. Genos has them all.

cerberusiam , Jun 11, 2014
  7. Motorhead

I have have blue and yellow Bilsteins. What a difference in ride and I only had 60,000 miles 0n my truck. I bought them here http://stores.ebay.com/Hard-Parts-Fast and saved $15.00 each on the rears and $12.00 each on the fronts with over Genos with free shipping. Tell them you are a TDR member.

Motorhead , Jun 12, 2014