Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBergen

It seems like each accessory that I'm looking for, such as Nerf bars, roll top bed covers, mud flaps and others, don't fit on the 2021 long bed(no ram box) crew cab truck. My first thought is that there is no significant changes between the build years and the vendors of those items, just haven't updated their web site product offering to include the 2021 yet.

Then I wonder if there were changes to bolt patterns under the rocker panel and other frame changes to the 2021 that weren't on the 2020 IRT the nerf bars, or that there was some change to the overall inside bed dimensions without the RAM box that would change the mounting of a roll top bed cover.

The truck ordered won't be here until the end of Feb. so I'll wait to get a look at what's under the rocker panel and take bed measurements.... Unless someone here knows this information.

Cheers!

GBergen , Jan 23, 2021
  2. bcbender TDR MEMBER

Id assume its the same, my 20 LB/CC was built end of Sept, and 21's would've likely started running down the line shortly there after. I doubt they made any tooling changes as 21's as they were on the lot last month. I too have been having trouble finding "20" accessories, so I just assume COVID and supplier latency when it comes to updating. If you have a specific question / product you could call that vendor as I have, since most 19' also fir 20' therefore Id assume they also fit 21' In experience has been OEM don't normally make major changes very often and minor changes usually run on 5y cycles... Just my $0.02. :)

bcbender , Jan 24, 2021
  3. GBergen

Thanks for the reply. I've been watching the University of of You-Tube on installations of running boards and roll top covers.
    The roll tops seem pretty straight forward to install. It's the running boards that there is some variety in how it mounts to the truck for the years being shown. Been watching mostly those from Westin as I'm considering the R5 M series to go wheel to wheel. Some had studs on the rocker panel and some had inserts. Maybe I watched too many and got the years confused for the mounting procedures :(.
    At this point patience is the mode of the day, don't want to buy something that won't fit. I'll be getting some dura-flaps shortly after it arrives so I can accurately gauge the amount of extension of the flap from the bottom of the fender. No need to rush and make a hasty purchase.

GBergen , Jan 25, 2021
  4. bcbender TDR MEMBER

yeah.. I had wheel to wheel boards on my 04, I miss them, My 20 has the retracting steps so I may buy the AMP bed step.. already scratched the paint with the snap on my flannel work jacket reaching over the ridiculously high bedrail :mad:. I think I will buy the RAM HD rubber mats from Genos, I had them and had good luck, I hear to many negative stories about the rigid plastic ones, and the Parts Guy at the local dealer said they no longer sell the rears for 2500/3500. Good luck and enjoy it when you get it, I know I do.

bcbender , Jan 25, 2021
  5. AnonEd TDR MEMBER

A pal at Ram says the bed accessories you mention should all fit a 2021 just fine.

AnonEd , Jan 25, 2021
  6. GBergen

Great news! I just got off the phone with Westin about the Pro traxx 5" oval, wheel to wheel, and confirmed the part number with them (21-534340 for SS 21-534345 for black) even though it's not listed for this year and model when you visit their web site. When I'm about a week out from the truck arriving, I'll start looking for the best price and get some coming. Thanks again for the confirmation!

GBergen , Jan 25, 2021
  7. AnonEd TDR MEMBER

Glad it was useful. Hopefully the relevant companies will all have seen a 2021 and be able to verify at order placement.

AnonEd , Jan 25, 2021