Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archive

in the service manual it says the vin number is located on the frame rail,does anyone know where on the frame rail it is?

oh by the way, I saw Evan,s truck sat. at Timberline Dodge nice!! there were some other nice trucks also. it looked like they had a pretty good turnout.

Joe

------------------

98. 5 quad cab,sport. short box,4X4,automatic,3. 55
    L. S. D. trailer/tow & camper pkg. emerald green with lots of diamond plate. stock
    except,255X16 tires and
    no emblems-decals?&src=tdr">decals!

Archive , Jul 16, 2000
  2. Archive

I am not aware of any other location than the one under the windshield glass on the driver's side at the base of the glass.
    Ron

------------------
    '99 QC SLT 4X4, Forest Green, long box, camper/trailer pkg, 3. 55 axles, auto, CD/cassette, power seat, heated mirrors, HD xfer case, Two meter Radioshack ham transceiver (license KC7MME),Proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy!
    '98 Arctic Cat 300 4X4 ATV
    '00 Honda Recon ATV
    '99 Grand Cherokee
    NRA Life member

Archive , Jul 17, 2000
  3. Archive

Passenger side bottom of frame in line with transfer case on my 2000. I think my 97 was on outside of frame. It is only the last 8 digits of the vin. Looks like the 2000 has a special etching procedure to make it hard to duplicate.

Archive , Jul 17, 2000