1. Champane Flight

Just put on my new X-mount Lucrix mirrors. Love the veiw!Can finally see my trailer clearly. But have definite wobble type vibration in L/H mirror. If I play with the mirror(forward and backward to stops)it quits for awhile. But then starts again. Is there anyone who knows of a adjustment in swing arm?The right mirror is solid as a rock.

------------------
    95 Dodge 2500 Luverne grill guard,headache rack,running boards and Amzoiled. Soon to be mildly bombed. 84 Dodge d-150, 318 Hooker headers,Edelbrok intake,mallory ignition,Carter Afb,Accel coil,and Custom dual exhaust. Boat,fifthwheel,motorcycles,and shop. 72000 as of 3/1/01,not even broke in yet. Old Dodge 126000 miles and running better than new.

Champane Flight , May 12, 2001
  2. Hot Shot

I dont know what the Lucrix mirrors look like but... .....
    On my 2001 with the trailer tow mirrors, the right hand mirror started vibrating so bad (while mirror is folded out) that I couldn't see out of it. This started when the truck was only a few months old.

Solution--

Took a tie strap (about a 12" electrical tie strap) and cut a 3 inch piece off the tapered end.
    Folded the mirror back towards the hood and pulled up on it. Slid the tapered piece in the gap and folded the mirror back into place. No vibration since. That was 2 months ago.

------------------
    2001 3500 QC 24V SLT Larimie, leather, BD Plug in Power, 275 injectors, BD Torque Convertor ,Valve Body, Pressure Lock, Torque-loc, Gauges,Black w/ Ranchhand bumpers Brownes HD Headache rack and a black wetherguard coffin. pullee 34Ft. gooseneck, 16 ft gooseneck monorail, and a 32ft x 6ft stock trailer.
    2000 Durnago SLT 5. 9litre V8

Hot Shot , May 13, 2001
  3. John TDR MEMBER

If you have a bug shield installed you may want to check out the appropriate TSB regarding these in reference to mirror interference.

Champane Flight, I know this will probably seem stupid however, are all the bolts to the driver side mirror tight?

John , May 14, 2001
  4. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

CF, On the first set of X-mounts I received, the top bolt hole was stripped. I spent three hours trying to install it before I could finally SEE what the problem was (no jokes, please... you had to be there). Make sure that's not your problem. I couldn't use the 1-3/4 bolt supplied. They shipped me a new mirror and I had to use a 2 inch to get through the door enough to get into the mirror mount. While we are here. Did you do any additional sealing on installation or just let the foam do the job. I just used the foam supplied.

------------------
    2001 HO 6 spd 2500, 4. 10 LSD, Towing Package, Electric Brakes, SPA EGT/Boost Gauges, fog lights, Real Backup Lights, Molded Running Boards, Lucerix X Mount Heated/Power Mirrors

Alan Reagan , May 14, 2001
  5. Champane Flight

All the mounting bolts are tight,the base of the mirror is not even moving. It seems that the pivot lock on the swing arms are lose.

I do have a bug deflector. However the mirror will start its dance way before aerodynamics comes into account. I am going to fold it forward all the way and check out the slide locks on the pivot today and see what I am working with. Wish me luck.

------------------
    95 Dodge 2500 Luverne grill guard,headache rack,running boards and Amzoiled. Soon to be mildly bombed. 84 Dodge d-150, 318 Hooker headers,Edelbrok intake,mallory ignition,Carter Afb,Accel coil,and Custom dual exhaust. Boat,fifthwheel,motorcycles,and shop. 72000 as of 3/1/01,not even broke in yet. Old Dodge 126000 miles and running better than new.

Champane Flight , May 14, 2001
  6. Champane Flight

I may do the same thing. Could not see any way(beside wedgeing something between the swing arm and the body)to get it to solid up. Have a note to X-mount,will tell you of finding. I am going on vacation week after next and will not remove to send back before then,so I guess I will have to make do,or quick fix until I get back next month.

Do love my new westach gauges I put in last weekend though.

------------------

Champane Flight , May 14, 2001
  7. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

CF, Let me know what you find. I called them about another question and mentioned your problem. They said there was no adjustment. I can't believe that. I may pull off that little cover and see.

Alan Reagan , May 15, 2001
  8. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

CF, I called Mark. My problem was that the swing arm on the right was not as tight as the left causing an occasional jar movement. Both sides are supposed to be nice and snug at the indent and mine has about 1/16 play on the right. They are shipping me a new one today and I'll ship the old one back on receipt. Give them a call. They will take care of it. Only thing is, I lose my spot mirror.

------------------
    2001 HO 6 spd 2500, 4. 10 LSD, Towing Package, Electric Brakes, SPA EGT/Boost Gauges, Fog Lights, Real Backup Lights, Molded Running Boards, Lucerix X Mount Heated/Power Mirrors

Alan Reagan , May 15, 2001
  9. Champane Flight

Yeap,looks as if I will have to do the same thing. They sent me a note on getting new mounting bolts. Thats not what I need. I have the same problem you do Alan. About 1/4" play in the left mirror. Go figure. It will have to wait till I get off vacation. That sucks... .

------------------

Champane Flight , May 15, 2001
  10. Champane Flight

Got a call from Craig this evening!Was going to call them tomorrow. They beat me to the punch. These guys do care!They are shipping me a new mirror and taking care of it. It is quite refreshing to have a outfit with that kind of customer care. Thanks for your help Alan and keep in touch.

------------------

Champane Flight , May 15, 2001
  11. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

Yeah. Call them now. Takes about a week to get your new one. Depending on when it arrives it'll be there when you get home. They'll send shipping papers to send the old one back. Be sure and put the Customs papers on the outside of the box and mark them or Canadian customs might not allow them through and they will be shipped back to you.

Alan Reagan , May 16, 2001
  12. Scott Lowe

I finally got my mirrors... FedEx in Trenton, NJ couldn't figure out my address, so they just sat on them, go figure... anyway, installation was a snap! I had to replace about six of the fasteners for the door trim though, no sweat! They certainly vibrate significantly less than the stock mirrors, and the powers features work great!! Now I am really set to tow my fifth wheel across country next month!!

------------------
    2000 RAM 2500 Quad Cab SLT, 3. 54, Auto, Intense Blue, Mist Gray Interior, JVC 12 CD Changer, RhinoLiner spray-in bed liner, Lund hood deflector 3 piece smoke color, Reese 5th wheel 15k hitch. Pulling 2000 Wilderness 28 5S Fifth Wheel Trailer.

Scott Lowe , May 19, 2001