Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbucs

I'm in the market for a new to me truck. My 2003 isn't fitting the bill anymore. I've been seeing a lot of used 2019 2500s. Anyone have any insight as to why? I've been thinking it's either because of problems with the first model year or COVID.

jbucs , Aug 18, 2020
  2. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

Bank repo's?

SnoKing , Aug 18, 2020
    Wiredawg, Rob S and nukegm like this.
  3. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

Rentals?

Run the vin, most dealers have the free car fax on used stuff.

Timd32 , Aug 18, 2020
    Wiredawg likes this.
  4. EDankievitch TDR MEMBER

CP4 pumps....

EDankievitch , Aug 18, 2020
    TFucili likes this.
  5. gsbrockman

This......Enterprise periodically freshens up their fleets. My brother in law recently got a great deal on a 2019 RAM 2500 CTD out of the Chicago area.

gsbrockman , Aug 18, 2020
  6. jbucs

This is part of what I was thinking. I saw a pic of the shrapnel and it makes me hesitate. Has anyone determined how wide of a problem or a root cause?

jbucs , Aug 19, 2020
  7. jbucs

I've heard this. I'm wondering how much abuse these rentals have taken. Is there any warranty left on them if they were bought for commercial use?

jbucs , Aug 19, 2020
    Wiredawg likes this.
  8. gsbrockman

My BIL’s looked great. Full remaining factory warranty is in effect, in the case of BIL....he still has bumper to bumper as it only had 20k miles on it. 2019 Big Horn 2500 in Granite with 8’ bed for a little under $37,000 USD

I’m sure there’s always a chance for “abuse”.....but I’m not sure how many actual people want to “roll the dice” on abusing a vehicle and getting stuck with the repair bills in the event an issue was deemed “abuse”.....but that’s just one guy’s thoughts.

gsbrockman , Aug 19, 2020
    promisedland and Wiredawg like this.
  9. jbucs

That sounds like a pretty good deal. Was it a direct sale from enterprise or did it go back to a dealer and get certified?

jbucs , Aug 20, 2020
  10. gsbrockman

Direct sale via Enterprise.

gsbrockman , Aug 20, 2020
    HPSimpson likes this.
  11. Minnow101

Surprised Enterprise didn’t put it back into the rental fleet. I follow a few hotshot trucker Youtubers who use Enterprise trucks and it seems there’s a extreme shortage of 3/4 tons diesels. Enterprise has mileage limitations which when reached, the truck must be turned back in yet there are no new trucks available. As I understand it, there’s a waiting list a mile and a half long for these trucks. So for a 3/4 diesel with just 20 thousand is indeed a rare hen’s tooth.

Minnow101 , Aug 21, 2020