1. Iron Duke II

Iron Duke II , Aug 9, 2022
  2. GAmes TDR MEMBER

I think that is a kit for 12 valve swaps but I could be mistaken. The stock throttle linkage works for me.

GAmes , Aug 10, 2022
    Iron Duke II likes this.
  3. Iron Duke II

I saw that it advertises as a more simple less expensive replacement for the stock linkage setup. Fewer parts fewer fail points maybe?

Iron Duke II , Aug 10, 2022
  4. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Gary is correct, that kit is for putting a 6BT or 4BT in a vehicle that it didn’t come in.

Are you having a problem with your throttle?

BigPapa , Aug 10, 2022
    Iron Duke II likes this.
  5. GAmes TDR MEMBER

I've only had to replace a few parts in my linkage over the years. The bushings, I used teflon the first time, brass is in there now. One broken spring and the rod ends have needed replacement a couple times. One cable as well. That's it. Lucky for me I had the foresight to buy a couple recall kits when they were less than $30. They include the rod ends, the balls and the cable.

GAmes , Aug 10, 2022
    Ozymandias, Iron Duke II and BigPapa like this.
  6. Iron Duke II

I appreciate both of your inputs. The throttle is responsive now.
    Replaced the old worn plastic Bell Crank Throttle Shaft Linkage Bushings with brass last year and realized that the return spring was probably under some more strain than it should have been due to the old bushings.
    With the add-on's the original owner had installed, like the Banks Powerpack air intake and the Prime-Loc filter relocation setup, it is a challenge to keep an I on the linkage.

I am including the following as a reference.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    Iron Duke II , Aug 10, 2022