Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBari

I am aware of the City Diesel option, but like the Cummins and Mopar option they are back-ordered, close to 3-4 weeks. I need the truck before then. Have any of you used some of the options where you send your Actuator off and they repair it and send it back? I am looking at that as a faster option. I am also looking at just replacing the whole turbo as I have found a few refurbed turbos for 2000-2500.

CBari , Nov 10, 2021
  2. sag2 TDR MEMBER

What year truck? There is still going to be an extended warranty on 2013-2015 DP, and 2015 D2/DJ trucks. If that was the case I believe I would go with the Mopar and you will get reimbursed for it when the extended warranty is finally released. You dealer can also confirm the warranty extension is coming.
    You will get reimbursed in any case, but might as well be for a genuine part.

sag2 , Nov 10, 2021
    JLandry likes this.
  3. CBari

It is a 2013 3500 pickup truck has close to 140k miles on it are they still going extend the warranty on that?

CBari , Nov 10, 2021
  4. Cummins2014

Please explain that a bit further ,there has been a lot of actuators go bad on these trucks . Had mine replaced last April to the tune of $2200 at a dealer. Truck only had 62k on it , but the 5year 100k is no longer . no mention of any extended warranty mentioned on the actuators of last April .

Cummins2014 , Nov 10, 2021
  5. TMyers

Mine went bad around 92K. I was able to buy a rebuilt one from Cummins/Holset for just over $300. I did the work myself and flushed the coolant for just over $400 total. I used a Snap On scan tool to calibrate the turbo/actuator. Really not too difficult of a job on my 13'.

www.mddistributorsstore.com is where I bought my rebuilt actuator. Sadly, it appears they no longer offer them but they do require a core so somebody is rebuilding them.

TMyers , Nov 10, 2021
  6. sag2 TDR MEMBER

Unfortunately do not know. The extended warranty was supposed to be issued last month, but now showing February release date.

sag2 , Nov 11, 2021