Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCornish

I just had the cel light up and took it to the dealer for a diagnostic test. Code says cylinder 1 injection timing.
    Anyone have this happen? Just looking for what it may cost as I am out of warranty

TCornish , Jul 17, 2019
    sag2 likes this.
  2. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

I am confused you had it to the dealer and they told you what it was but did not give a price to fix?

Cummins12V98 , Jul 17, 2019
  3. TCornish

They cannot get to the diagnostics til later today, service adviser did not know what caused it or what repair action is
    involved yet. Price to diagnose is 119, so whatever fix cost added to that

TCornish , Jul 17, 2019
  4. TCornish

I just heard back from the service adviser and if it's what they think, I need a new injector and wiring and tube with a total cost estimate of 2690. I think that sounds kinda high. Anyone else think so?

TCornish , Jul 17, 2019
  5. jhenderson

Brand new Bosch injectors are about $500 each, crossover tube less than $100,
    harness less than $100, and 4 hrs labor, tops. What do you think?

jhenderson , Jul 17, 2019
  6. TCornish

Update, Tech drove my truck home with laptop connected, of course with my permission, and trying to get code to re-appear
    everything was smooth. Code was active for 2k miles and did not appear on mil until day before yesterday, was about to clear when driving into dealership. Will be flashing in software update to fix problem as there is a tsb. Much less costly and
    quite a relief.

TCornish , Jul 18, 2019
  7. CoastyAV8R

Boy that's a welcome relief. So the truck had this problem for 2000 miles before it triggered a CEL?

CoastyAV8R , Jul 18, 2019
  8. TCornish

Yes, it is a relief. The tech did however put 300 miles on my truck and used over half a tank. I think he did a little joy riding
    on his way home, not too happy they did that. I will let them know about it in the rating survey that come up

TCornish , Jul 19, 2019
  9. jhenderson

It took a lot of miles to set the code. My buddy does a good business nights and on Sunday doing everything from engine and trans work to electrical and regular maintenance. I help out when I have time. It often takes him a week of driving a customers vehicle back and forth to work to simply reset enough of the monitors to pass yearly inspection after a major repair. And he knows the drive cycle requirements. I wouldn’t judge too harshly on 300 miles if the repair holds.

jhenderson , Jul 19, 2019
    Bob4x4 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.