Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomrunner12

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has maybe found something that can lead me in the right direction as to why i get a squeaking noise while driving forward or reverse over small bumps and holes?

I know its not the u-joints as they all check out good. Ive checked the rubber hood stops from another forum, going to tighten up the side steps here in a few minutes and drive again. Ive checked all the bushings and dont see anything wrong with them either.

Randomrunner12 , May 11, 2018
  2. PT02063

I have the exact same thing. I've been under my truck a dozen times looking for anything but no such luck. As you state, it is a squeaking noise when driving over small bumps or potholes. Annoying as hell and they stated they couldn't find it when I took it in for the rear end whine.

PT02063 , May 11, 2018
    zac skaar likes this.
  3. Randomrunner12

So I finally got ahold of a friend of mine who said it was the leaf spring bushings front and rear. I took some PB silicone spray and soaked everything leaf spring bushings related. I'm out driving it for dinner so I can update later but so far it seems gone.

If it comes back I'll go to a car wash and pressure wash the leaf packs and then spray white lithium grease in the packs and bushings.

If that fails I'll repalre the bushings.

4. FOXY005 TDR MEMBER

Just a guess, but check the snugness of your spare tire crank up cable. If its even a little loose the tire will move slightly and rub causing a squeak. Has happen to me twice first time I looked all over till I found it.

FOXY005 , May 11, 2018
  5. Randomrunner12

Foxy that's a good one too. I've read dozens of posts on the subject anything from the following.

Fuel tank straps loose and rubbing
    Leaf spring bushings
    Rubber hood stoppers
    Nerf bars being loose or over torqgto and the rubber bushing rubbing.
    Coil spring rubber mount
    Rear lift blocks
    Dirt in the leaf packs.

Just to name a few. Lol tried most of them that didn't involve 3+hrs of work.

So far no noise from the rear after 2 hours driving. I'm sure in a few days when the silicone drys it'll be back and I'll spray again, then when I have the time I'll replace the bushings.