Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazmedic

I have my three co-piolts on the way, egt, boost and transmission temp gauges. Where is the best place to put the transmission sensor on a stock 47 series auto?:confused:

Hazmedic , Oct 16, 2002
  2. dalton4

Install in line from transmission going to cooler. This will give reading for fluid's hottest condition.

Jerry

dalton4 , Oct 16, 2002
  3. RADdodge TDR MEMBER

There have been many discussions on whether to put the sensor in the pan or the cooler line. If you want to see how much work your transmission is doing moment to moment (max safe temp about 285 degrees), then the cooler line is the best place. If you don’t care and want to just see the average temp the fluid is reaching then try the pan (max about 200 degrees). I went with the cooler line. The Dodge part number for the cooler line with the built in adapter for the sensor is 5011244AA. I got mine from Mopar4Less for about $80 (800-748-2139). Also, you can either remove the check valve or replace the stock hose (attached to the cooler line). I replaced the stock trans cooler hose with one from DTT (part description is Cooler Line with Sensor Fitting Adapter w/o Check Valve. The new Dodge line has a check valve in it besides the one already in the transmission housing, you don't want two check valves. Hope that helps.

RADdodge , Oct 16, 2002
  4. BillGotthelf

Actually you do not have to slice into trans cooler line to get the same temp reading. On the pass side of the vehicle in the front area of the trans you will see a rounded area of the trans. There is a 1/8" plug in there that you can remove and locate a 1/8" temp probe. You will get true fluid temps as this is where fluid is directed before it goes into cooler line. :D

BillGotthelf , Oct 17, 2002