Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boaring1961

My truck didn't come with either the crossmember or the skid plate that protects the transfer case. On a recent elk scouting trip here in CA I noticed after I got back that all the driving I did on the rocky roads resulted in a decent sized chip in the cast aluminum housing of the transfer case. It's not leaking, but a concern of mine is to protect.

Does someone have to correct part #s for both of these items? I want to find a decent price online so I can call my dealer so they can match it.

Thanks

Boaring1961 , Jul 29, 2013
  2. ata

Call around to the wreaking yards in your area. The price will be a lot cheaper and you can probably get all the bolts to. A can of flat black and it will look as good as a new one.

3. Boaring1961

I called them all this morning before I posted this. No one has one around here.

Boaring1961 , Jul 29, 2013
  4. seafish

Sorry no part #'s for you... got mine used on another forum for about $100. I will say that they both parts bolt right up and do a NICE job of protecting the transfer case and SDFK filter kit if you have one mounted to your frame.

seafish , Jul 29, 2013
  5. Joseph Donnelly

I made one from box tubing for the cross member and 1/8" plate going from it forward to the transmission crossmember.

Joseph Donnelly , Jul 29, 2013
  6. bigceltic TDR MEMBER

I added the crossmember and skid plate on my 2006 Mega Cab.

I found a good price at Parts.com. Skid plate + 4 screws and crossmember and screws

Part Number Part Description Quantity Core Price Price Total

52022048AH body hardware, console, shifter trim, skid plate MEGA CAB, TRANSFER CASE MODEL 271 1 $0. 00 $30. 99 $30. 99

6507342AA body hardware, console, shifter trim, skid plate screw MEGA CAB, TRANSFER CASE MODEL 271 4 $0. 00 $3. 28 $13. 12

52022046AE fuel system, fuel system components, crossmember MEGA CAB, 5. 9 LITER DIESEL 1 $0. 00 $29. 79 $29. 79

6507342AA body hardware, console, shifter trim, skid plate screw MEGA CAB, TRANSFER CASE MODEL 273 4 $0. 00 $3. 28 $13. 12

S

George

bigceltic , Jul 30, 2013
  7. Boaring1961

Alright, so I picked up the cross member, skid plate and bolts. The one thing I noticed is that the holes in the frame for the cross member are not threaded. Will the supplied bolts self-thread the hole? Do I need to tap the hole beforehand?

Based on my gut, I'm guessing that the way the bolts are designed with the long unthreaded shank at the end... it aligns its self and then cuts threads as they are tightened.

Boaring1961 , Aug 2, 2013
  8. bigceltic TDR MEMBER

They self threaded for me. I just screwed them in. I have some pics I will send you if you want.

bigceltic , Aug 2, 2013
  9. Boaring1961

Picts are always good. Send them over or post them here. Thanks bigceltic.

Boaring1961 , Aug 2, 2013