Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devil Black Diesel

I have a DTT trans in a 2001 and I've always hit neutral between D and R and vice versa. Had a transmission shop service my trans and now it's very slow to disengage from Drive to Nuetral...it's been quickly shifting out of Drive and into Neutral for 15+ years and the RPM's would immediately increase when shifted into N. But now, when I shift from D to N it's very very slow to disengage from D and seems to be hung in D for a few seconds, if not more.

What would cause the trans to disengage from Drive slowly when shifted into Neutral? Is there something with the the way they reassembled the linkage? An simple adjustments for this? i noticed this spring looks new and appears to be pretty wimpy...does this spring have anything to do with it?

Diesel Trans.jpg #ad

Devil Black Diesel , Feb 1, 2021
  2. Joe Mc TDR MEMBER

I believe that spring basically holds the passing gear from engaging until the throttle reaches a certain point. I don't think it has anything to do with the issue you're experiencing. Not sure what would cause what's happening, but suggest going back to shop that performed service and ask them why. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on automatics will reply. Perhaps the bands were set to tight or line pressure not correctly set? With these being a possibility I'd not drive it much until you get it fixed. Tight bands can quickly wear out the material and low line pressure can do likewise. Do keep us posted

Joe Mc , Feb 2, 2021
  3. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

That Sprung is for the TV cable, without it doesn't works properly.
    Has nothing to do with the shift lever.

You can check the adjustment of the shift lever, I'd start form there, maybe it's off.

Ozymandias , Feb 2, 2021