Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racerman50

In following the diagnostic tree for Code P0251 we are trying to determine if there is a relay for the VP 44 pump itself. We have located relays for the lift pump and the preheater. Is there a separte 3rd relay for the injector pump? If so where does it hide and what does it look like? All connections seem fine and the fuel pressure from the 1 year old relocated lift pump is OK.

The ole girl starts, runs and idles fine and I've put 700 miles on it since this code showed up, but I'm a little queasy... .

Can't be the pump as it only has 192k on it... :rolleyes:

Thanks!

racerman50 , Sep 23, 2007
  2. ThrottleJockey

P0251 (M) Fuel Inj. Pump Mech. Failure Fuel

Valve Feedback Circuit

Problem sensed with fuel circuit internal to fuel injection

pump.

I do believe this pump is dying. The circuit in question appears to be an integral part of the pump itself. Welcome to the club.

ThrottleJockey , Sep 27, 2007
  3. Gary - K7GLD

HEH HEH HEH - wanna BET? :-laf:-laf

Most guys here with VP-44's would KILL to get 192K miles outta one! ;):D

MIGHT be a one-time glitch - but I'd be nervous too...

Gary - K7GLD , Sep 27, 2007
  4. racerman50

Feeling lucky?

Tomorrow we're gonna turn the distribution center over,check clean and dielectric lubrify the connectors. then pray... .

It's beginning to remind me of my favorite scene in a Dirty Harry movie: "Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?":confused:

Rather than put on the new pump, I'll keep my AAA card warm and my finger on their speed dial. Yeah, and not drive this puppy long distance for a while.

Still haven't unrooted a separate relay for the VP44.

She's been a good one. transmission not rebuilt until 179k and lift pump original when I replaced it at 187k for "preventive maintenance. "

Thanks.

racerman50 , Sep 28, 2007
  5. rweis

How is your VP44 fuel bypass valve back to the tank? Is it bypassing?

Bob Weis

rweis , Sep 28, 2007
  6. racerman50

Bob, Thanks for the tip. Can you tell me where it is located and what the test is?

Thanks!

racerman50 , Sep 28, 2007