Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cpat

After running my a. c. on max today noticed water in passenger floor.

How do I go about getting into the a. c. and cleaning out the trash???

Also what is involved with changing out headlite switch???

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Cpat , Sep 27, 2007
  2. DonTX

I cleaned mine, you just drop the blower motor and reach in the hole, probably lots of trash. Sounds like your drain tube is clogged as well, I ran the garden hose into that compartment and flushed out the drain tube that way.

DonTX , Sep 27, 2007
  3. hsmith

If the drain is not plugged, you need to put a 90* hose on it. This will keep the condensate from running back and inside the firewall.

hsmith , Sep 27, 2007
  4. tony597fitter

Your missing your drain tube hose. Its under the air filter box on the firewall next to the downpipe. A piece of 5/8" hose and hose clamp works great. I ran mine back a little and ziptied it to the frame.

Look from underneath and you will see a small nipple next to the downpipe. Its not a fun fix, it will beat you up pretty good.

tony597fitter , Sep 27, 2007
  5. KKohagen

There are two main causes of water on the floor board. The most common cause is the Center High Mounted Stop Light on the back of the cab. The seal sometimes does not seal properly. The second most common cause is the drain off of the A/C system is clogged.
    On my truck, I sealed the CHMSL with a little silicone while installing my satellite antenna. This did not solve my problem and the floor was wet from about just below the carpet line in the front to almost the back seat. I took out the back seat and loosened a lot of the screws for the trim and propped the carpet up for drying. I even was able to remove about 6-8 cups of water. I then went to NAPA and got the hose attachment that fits around the outside. Here's the link I used.

https://www.turbodieselregister.com...136152-water-leak-under-dash.html#post1274401

In short the part # at NAPA is 9808. It is a small heater hose that has a 90 bend in it. I used a stainless worm-gear clamp and attached it to the bung on the engine side of the fire wall.
    No problems since, no mater how much water came in. If you would like pics let me know and I will take a few and post. It took me more time to go get the part from NAPA than it did to install. I also cleaned out the drain before I installed the hose. I hope this helps.

KKohagen , Sep 27, 2007
  6. icman95

There is one other possibility for the AC problem. After going back and forth with the dealership about the same thing you're reporting, the mechanical side of the dealership gave up and sent the truck to their body shop. Turned out that after the body shop pressurized the cabin with a vanilla scented smoke/fog they found a leaking seal or joint in the body that was allowing water to get in and run down to a spot that made it look like it was the a/c. I had just had the a/c rapaired and that's why we chased that dead end for a while. I wasn't there to watch all this, so I'm not exactly sure where it was leaking, but they fixed it and it's been fine since.

The headlight switch is easy to get at by just removing the plastic trim ring that goes around the whole dashboard. It will expose the three small screws that hold the switch in place. I've tapped into one of the wires on the switch to run my gauges on the dimmer, but never totally taken it apart. Doesn't seem like it's too bad. A buddy had to replace his and he was able to do it pretty quickly. TDR screen name isb360 if you want to ask him. good luck.

Just read the post about 3rd brake light-got posted while I was typing this. That was what the body shop orignally thought was going to be my problem too. They said that wasn't it in this case, but that is was somewhere else. I had forgotten all about that until just now.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
    icman95 , Sep 27, 2007
  7. Cpat

water in floor

I thank each and everyone of your replies; I removed the fan motor and cleaned out a lot of leaves. To be on the safe side I will follow the suggestion of the 90 on the drain ,I used this on my Jeep works well!!

We have not had very much rain in my area so maybe it is not the brake lite I will keep an eye on it . Tommorrow I will change out the head lite switch.

THANKS AGAIN

Cpat , Sep 27, 2007
  8. Cpat

Thanks for the heads up dropped fan had leaves in it cleaned drain tube

quick fix THANKS AGAIN

Cpat , Sep 27, 2007
  9. DonTX

Now you need to take the next step, and get the filter from Geno's so you will never have a leaf in there again. It goes on the outside, just below the windshield. Much cheaper than replacing the AC parts from corrosion.

I forgot, I hope you checked the fan for leaves trapped in it while apart.

DonTX , Sep 28, 2007