Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDykes

I'm back to TDR. recently bought a 2020 ram 2500. It's used with only 10,000 miles. While trying to get into commercial settings for the upfitter switches it requires a 4 digit pin. It has been changed from the factory settings of 0000. Dealer has been no help. Does any one know how I can reset pin ? I've tried several different combinations. Thanks Henry.

HDykes , Aug 16, 2021
  2. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

I believe Alfa OBD can reset that pin.

AH64ID , Aug 16, 2021
  3. HDykes

Thank you, not real familiar with Alfa OBD. I will research that. Where is it available to buy?

HDykes , Aug 16, 2021
  4. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

It’s software sold online. You will need a security bypass module for it to work.

It works with android phones or PC’s.

AH64ID , Aug 16, 2021
  5. HDykes

I will check that out. I've read there are numerous changes you can make.Did you find it very simple to install?

HDykes , Aug 16, 2021
  6. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

It’s simple to install, but complex in operation. Just be careful and slow. Do lots of reading. It’s a very powerful program.

AH64ID , Aug 16, 2021
  7. HDykes

thank you

HDykes , Aug 16, 2021
  8. Topzide TDR MEMBER

@HDykes , AlfaOBD is a great tool for our trucks, but it is very powerful tool that can change the software and require a trip to the dealer! In it you'll have the ability to diagnose your truck along with turning features on and off. It will allow you to program tpms, key fob's and pulling pin number! If you decide to get the software, First thing to do is save a config file to have so that you know how truck was setup and provide a reference to keep track of! I have a composition notebook that I keep track of the changes that I've made along with the config file printed out and highlighted. Plenty of help from others here and on other forums! Just asked and others with knowledge can answer or point you in the right direction. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/ has some great info. Enjoy the new truck and welcome back!

Topzide , Aug 17, 2021
  9. HDykes

very helpful, thanks much.

HDykes , Aug 17, 2021