Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. River-Runner

Hi Folks,

Just newed my TDR Membership - missed learning from the forums!

I'm wanting to install my Prodegy Brake Controller in the cubbyhole in front of and over the cup and loose "stuff" holders built into the Laramie console. The cubbyhole includes a light in the middle, but I think I can still mount it on the driver side of the light - string the wiring behind the dash and it will look all neat and tidy. I think if I can get the plastic woodgrain top of the console off that contains the cupholders and gear holders, then I can string wiring and get fasteners tightened.

Does anyone have a step by step description for removing the console? I'd sure appreciate the help. Would be a lot easier to put it above my right knee under the steering wheel, but I cannot see it very well there if the steering wheel is turned to an angle.

Getting ready to tow a new 21 foot Desert Fox Toy Hauler around eastern Oregon this summer.

Thanks,

River-Runner

River-Runner , Jan 16, 2011
  2. Wal_mart TDR MEMBER

looks same as my 2006, from service manual. Hope this helps
    2. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, separate
    the seven front console bezel clips (2), lift up the
    back of the bezel (1) and remove.
    3. Remove the bolts (1) and lift the rear of the base
    up to release the front guide pins (5).
    4. Remove the front base (2).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    Wal_mart , Jan 16, 2011
  3. DennyDay

A quick suggestion - - before you do all that work, order a MaxBrake and install it - - first time you see and try a MaxBrake you'll hate yourself if you don't.

I don't have anything to do with maxbrake, but I am a customer!

DennyDay , Jan 18, 2011
  4. River-Runner

C. D. ,

Thanks, but I found out how to get the console out via trial and error. Those last two clips on the rear of the console were a job!

RiverRunner

River-Runner , Jan 18, 2011
  5. 07 ThunderRoad

I have the Prodegy Brake Controller in my truck, on the knee panel, far right side, by the cubby hole (2wd truck). If my cell phone is in that cubby hole near the Prodegy Brake Controller, the controller will not operate at full braking. It still actuates the electric brakes on the trailer, but the trucks brakes do more of the stopping. It took a lot of digging for the cause of the "intermitent" trailer brake problem I was having. As far as I know, Prodegy still will not admit to the cell phone interferance problem.

07 ThunderRoad , Jan 19, 2011