Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammersley

I noticed this from Cooper... ... and remember they are one of only 2 American OWNED Companies who still make tires here.....

Anybody have any experience with this tire????

Cooper Tires - Discoverer S/T - Commercial Traction

The Discoverer S/T fits a wide range of SUVs and light trucks up to 1 ton, but it is especially suitable for high-powered, high-torque light trucks where optimum wear and traction are required.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    hammersley , Jan 15, 2011
  2. Jeff Knight

I've looked at cooper tires several times but they don't have a 285/75/16 in load E.

Jeff Knight , Jan 15, 2011
  3. Hammer TDR MEMBER

I had a set on my 98 back in 2004 for 50k before I took them off in favor of some new skins.

I had great success with them and as long as they are rotated and rebalanced on a regular basis they should provide you the service you seek. The set I had were 285's and were D rated and had no trouble with them at all and they went well in both snow and rainy roads. I can not attest to how they performed on dirt/muddy roads as my truck does not see off road time unless its parked in a grassy field somewhere at a show,and that Jeff can attest to... ... ... . Andy

P. S. -I also have ran the Cooper Discoverer STT's which I liked alot better and they were also in 285's.

Hammer , Jan 15, 2011
  4. Hoefler

I have run nothing but Coopers since 1993. Never had a problem, and they wear as good as any tire if not better for this area. I run the HT on the Ram and the Tahoe, the Lt on the old 83.

Hoefler , Jan 16, 2011
  5. Jeff Knight

YES, no off roading for Andy.

Jeff Knight , Jan 16, 2011