Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machinemover

My washer stopped working a few weeks ago. I first thought it was due to cold weather and ice. I check the resevoir and there was some ice in there even though I bought the -20 below fluid. I kept trying it for the next few days and it started working real well once, I expected it to spit out some ice or just spray from one whole, but it sprayed full and strong. I tried again a few hours later got nothing and hasn't worked since. I put a probe light on the motor and had my wife push the button a few times and no power there. I pulled the motor and let the fluid drained and found the low fluid light isn't working either. I tried checking the schematic but can't really make heads or tails as to what is common B+ voltage and where to trace it from. Any help would be greatly appriciated as this is one of those things that will drive you crazy in weather.

machinemover , Dec 30, 2007
  2. rbattelle TDR MEMBER

My goodness, this TIPM system is not friendly to people without a DRB-III.

Connector C2 at the TIPM (13-pin connector), cavity number 2 is the (+) power to the washer pump motor.

But since you've already checked for power at the motor (and got none), we know the TIPM isn't putting anything out.

That means it could be the switch in the cab, or the TIPM itself. There are 3 codes for the washer motor:

B2307-WASHER SWITCH INPUT CIRCUIT LOW: this would indicate the switch in the cab is bad.

B2368-WINDOW WASHER MOTOR 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW: this would likely indicate a failed washer motor.

B2369-WINDOW WASHER MOTOR 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH: this would indicate a problem with the washer pump motor control unit within the TIPM itself.

I think you've got to ask the computer for codes. I'm not sure if these codes will display using the "turn to RUN 3 times in a row" method. Give it a try. Turn the key from "OFF" to "RUN" 3 times, leaving it on RUN the 3rd time. Codes display in the odometer window.

Ryan

rbattelle , Dec 30, 2007
  3. machinemover

That gives me a bit more information then I got from the " Dodge Tech" on another site. I was just going to ask how do I check his anwsers. I'm posting his response. :
    Subject windshield washer, low wash light out
    Question QUESTION: May sound like a simple problem but I'm stumped. My washer motor has no power, neither does the low fluid switch on the resevoir. The light works as I know when I tap the ignition it comes on, but there apears to be no power there. I check fuses and they seem ok. I read a schematic and I see it picks up B+ but I don't know where to check for it. Says some "itergrated curcuit something"

ANSWER: what kinda car is this?

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: I guess it would help if you knew what I had, huh?
    2006 Dodge ram 3500 Diesel 5. 9l ctd

ANSWER: 06 are u not under warranty any more?
    The pump gets power from the IPM and front controller the fuse box under the hood.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: also, from what I could determine it looks like fuse #2 is what controls the washer. I could be wrong, could you verify this for me.
    Answer the washer level sence is also wires the same way no fuse.
    I do side work for Dodge,Chrysler,Jeep I can perform any mechanical repair on cars at your place or mine. I live in ATLANTA
    -- email address removed -- Kevins Mobile Service

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2020
    machinemover , Dec 31, 2007
  4. machinemover

I'm trying to decifer the abbriviations. What is the TIPM? Is this something fesible to replace or does it make more sense to jumper a 12v line somewhere and add a little toggle switch on the dash for the washer? be inconvienet and not right but would work, wouldn't it?

5. machinemover

ok so I see TIMP stands for Totally Integrated Power module. Where exactly is this located and can this be repaired or is it a sealed unit?

6. KWilkinson

TIPM is the fuse/relay box under the hood, and I would suggest if you are under warranty take it in to the dealer.

KWilkinson , Dec 31, 2007
  7. machinemover

$631 for the timp, think I'll be hard wiring my washer

8. rbattelle TDR MEMBER

Yeah, you don't want to replace a TIPM. And they're not serviceable - there's no way I'm aware of to crack one open and fix it. Basically, they're disposable.

The easy solution is to hard wire it, but like you mentioned that's not very sophisticated.

What about paying the $60 or so to have a dealer diagnose it with a DRB-III?

I really don't like that TIPM... smells like a revenue generator for Dodge dealers.

Ryan

rbattelle , Dec 31, 2007