Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Rocket

Alright I'm at my wits end here. I have an 06 2500 with the plow prep, and it sits 2. 25 inches off the front bump stops, without my plow on it. When I am carrying my plow it basically is sitting on the bumps. there is definitely something wrong, my dealer agrees, but we don't know what to do... . He actually offered to install the 988 springs if I bought them. I don't think timbrens are really the answer, I'd be on them all the time. Could the stock springs be defective? I do carry a 200 lb. plow mount all the time, so that may contribute, but with the plow prep you'd think that would be ok. I guess I'd like to consider all options, because this is unacceptable.

1. 988 springs,

2. air bags? available or custom?

3. timbrens?

Thanks for all input.

Red Rocket , Dec 27, 2007
  2. Regcabguy

Sean Lorenz offers a 23% higher rate aftermarket spring designed for snow plows,aftermarket bumpers w/winches etc. I'm using them on my '07 because my 2000# camper never comes off. Nice product. He's a supporting vendor here. LORENZindustries - Dodge Performance Suspension. E-mail him and he'll get back in short order. P. S. He'll probably suggest some Bilsteins going in there while everything's out. The stock shocks are pretty weak.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
    Regcabguy , Dec 27, 2007
  3. jelag

I agree with bajabob..... I'd do one more step first... your dealer should be able to run your vin # and tell you what springs are really in the front of the truck and their rate... . and I'd assume there might still be a plastic tag with the part number on them...

I'd look to see what's there, and suggest this is his problem and he might see if Dodge would correct the problem.....

When I load my duallys, we easily see 1200 to 1500 lbs of additional weight on the steer axle and are still off the bumpers... . so I can see where this would be an issue for you... .

The problem I see is the ride, the other 10 months out of the year the plow is not mounted... . We now have a new 5500 and there is no suspension to speak of... . that is, it's so hard with no bed or box and I'd hate to have to drive it all the time empty... it would just jar your teeth out...

Hope this gives you another insight on an answer...

jelag , Dec 27, 2007
  4. Regcabguy

Yeah,my camper's a keeper for another 1 1/2 yrs. At that point,softer front springs are in order. Sean tightened up my rear shocks also,and along with Carli's long travel airbags it works pretty darn good. My stock truck empty would bottom out so easily in the front,but would beat me to death on the freeways here. Go figure,worst of all worlds. :confused:

Regcabguy , Dec 27, 2007
  5. 2Rowdy

I don't have the plow option, but I installed the 988 springs and it stiffened the ride some and added about 1 1/2" of ride height to the truck. I had the sales manager print me off the equipment list for my truck it told what springs were on there. Then I went to parts dept. and ordered the 988 springs. IIRC there were about 10 different choices.

2Rowdy , Dec 27, 2007
  6. Bob4x4

PM me the last 8 of your vin,I should be able to tell you what springs you should have in your truck.

Bob

Bob4x4 , Dec 27, 2007
  7. Red Rocket

I called, and my truck came with 984 and 985 springs. Is there any way to find the actual spring rates of these?

Red Rocket , Dec 28, 2007
  8. TRAMPLINEMAN TDR MEMBER

My '06 came with 985's on both sides. I don't have the plow prep and mine is way too soft. I couldn't imagine putting a plow on mine the way it is. If yours has the plow prep, I can't see why it wouldn't already have the 988's on it.

TRAMPLINEMAN , Dec 28, 2007
  9. KEpperly

Are the 988 springs the ones that come with plow prep

KEpperly , Dec 28, 2007
  10. Red Rocket

No, my truck, with the plow prep came with a 984/985. Not good.

Red Rocket , Dec 29, 2007
  11. sid325

My truck came with the plow package and I have a 985AA on the pass. side and a 986AA on the drivers side. Which springs are these? I checked the equipment tag in the glove box and it does state snow plow package.

Sid

sid325 , Dec 31, 2007