Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NSperduto

This friggin truck. I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!

Had my first tow with it this weekend. A 1000 mile round trip.

Towing a 24 foot self contained camper, I'm figuring it weighs around 5k. I used to tow this camper with a v/8 Dakota and now with this ram and all I can say is Holy Crap. The truck has gobs of power. I sailed up every hill with no sweat. I had no other truck to beat as all my buddies are now towing with the same truck.

Man it was awesome. The first two fill ups I got 12 mpg, but it was mostly back twisty roads and I have a heavy foot. When I did a complete interstate run towing, I got 15. 1 mpg (I do the math, not the computer)

I thought the Dakota towed ok, other than having to stop for gas every 200 miles. But this thing is fantastic. and the fuel range is nice. Especailly since diesel is $1. 55 and I'm getting 12-15 mpg, Gas is $1. 85 and I got 8-9 mpg with the Dakota. Heck, I saved money on this trip.

Woo Hooo:D :D Oo.

NSperduto , Apr 21, 2004
  2. SamPap

$1. 55 for diesel?

That's a very good price. $1. 99 on my last fillup here in Portland

SamPap , Apr 21, 2004
  3. tURBOdIEZEl

i think my pops is paying about 1. 53 a gallon back home (san marcos, tx), now if we could only see eye to eye on trucks (he's got a sick-o. . YUCK!) LOL

tURBOdIEZEl , Apr 21, 2004
  4. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

1. 53 in Pennsauken NJ... every day

Yo Hoot , Apr 21, 2004
  5. NSperduto

Yep, I'm on the East Coast, in NJ. $1. 55 in NJ and $1. 57 and $1. 53 in VA.

NSperduto , Apr 21, 2004
  6. MMeier

Try $2. 13 "out of the pump" in these parts!! :eek:

MMeier , Apr 21, 2004
  7. LEerkes

Yup, paid $2. 00+ for the first time yesterday... ouch!

Oh yeah, back to the topic at hand. Congrats and I couldn't agree more, still can't get the S*** eatin' grin off my face when I tow the trailer!!

LEerkes , Apr 21, 2004
  8. klenger

Has anyone noticed that the price of diesel increases across the country from east to west?

klenger , Apr 21, 2004
  9. JoelCool

NSperduto, that's about the size of trailer I have. I'm really looking forward to our first tow with my new truck ... which I don't have yet.

JoelCool , Apr 21, 2004
  10. Sarge

Diesel is up to $2. 45 here... ... ... ... . I hunted around and found it for $2. 25... ... ...

Sarge , Apr 21, 2004
  11. PJ

Grants Pass Oregon is over the $2 mark and climbing

12. Fireman

NSperduto,

Looks like it's time for a bigger trailer:D

Fireman

Fireman , Apr 22, 2004
  13. NSperduto

That was the reason for the truck. We're adding another to the family and we plan on moving to a 30-34 footer.

Nick

NSperduto , Apr 22, 2004
  14. Fireman

Yep, it never ends. I guess next I'll be getting a 40 footer..... then I'll have tohave a Freightliner... ..... before I trade on up to... ... ..... :rolleyes:

:-laf Fireman

Fireman , Apr 22, 2004
  15. MartinBlair

In California, Reg Gas is 2. 20, and diesel is 2. 25. Please help me understand how diesel can cost more than Reg gas. . Marty

MartinBlair , Apr 22, 2004
  16. Ol'TrailDog

Simple... . California :rolleyes:

Ol'TrailDog , Apr 22, 2004