Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bagger

I know this has been discussed NUMEROUS times, but I wanted to point out just how SLICK the TSB is, since I don't recall pictures of the seals after modification. My door seals started coming apart from the door rubbing against them, so last week I took the truck to my dealer. They ordered the seals and did the mod while I had the truck in for service today. Pretty doggone slick, if you ask me, as I had NO idea how they were going to fix that SNAFU. Oo.

Bagger , Aug 8, 2005
  2. bugbldr

Any idea on the cost of this fix? My truck has 45k miles and is off warranty.

Thanks,

bugbldr , Aug 9, 2005
  3. Bagger

Well, didn't cost me a dime, since I'm still in warranty, but since you asked, I called the dealership that did my work. I was on hold for about 15 minutes, so I didn't have the patience to ask them to break it down. Anyway, for 2 door seals, labor and tax, it'll run you about $130. 00. Hope this helps.

Bagger , Aug 9, 2005
  4. Eliminator

Just discovered this problem on my truck, 7,000 miles and they are coming apart... ... . glad to know their is a fix. Just went in for repair on the cruise control and they never mentioned it :(

Eliminator , Aug 9, 2005
  5. MChildress TDR MEMBER

I am on my 3rd set of door seals. This last set is not rubbing but is not as thick as the first two and I have wind noise. I looked at an 05 that has the old style seals and they have flattened out the area that rubbed. Looks like they took a clothes iron and pressed the problem area flat so they won"t rub. I have the new seals on order. I beleive the dealer said $28 a piece.

MChildress , Aug 9, 2005
  6. bombero

I just had mine done last month. Now its tearing again. What kind of whap did they use?? It was never a big thing to me but I would like to fix it.

bombero , Aug 9, 2005
  7. Alan Reagan TDR MEMBER

They put the new, thinner seals, on mine and now I have wind noise. Also, I'm getting a lot of dirt in between the seal and the A pillar.

I called the dealer and they are ordering a new set of the "fat" seals. We are going to see if they can be modified to stop the tear.

I don't like the thinner seals at all. Plus the door still catches on them and squeaks when I open it.

Alan Reagan , Aug 10, 2005
  8. DPKetchum

If out of warranty the SERVICE manager can do a GOODWILL repair because of a KNOWN problem. If HE won't(most good ones will)call D. C. and request this(1-800-992-1997)

DPKetchum , Aug 10, 2005
  9. Bagger

There is no wrap, and I'm not experiencing any wind noise. These new seals are as big as the old ones save for the area where the door corner would come in contact with the seal. The door corner no longer contacts the seal, which indicates that this problem should be rectified. My repair order lists the part numbers and nomenclature for both seals as follows:

55277191AB Seal-Body Side

55277190AB Seal-Body Side

23510895 Drip Rail Door Seal Torn-TSB 23-008-04

Please see your dealer with these part numbers. I'm not sure which one is for what side, as the RO doesn't indicate. I'm quite sure this is the fix for the tearing problem.

Bagger , Aug 10, 2005
  10. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

If it doesn't leak or make noise forget about it. There are more important things to worry about than a rubbed door seal.

Mine is chunked up too but I really don't care. Don't even look at it anymore and no one notices it.

Yo Hoot , Aug 10, 2005
  11. RankRam

Yo Hoot I agree with ya, my 05 had a torn seal on the drivers side at seven miles. LOL

My 03 never tore a seal in the 28k miles before it was dumped for my 05 six speed.

Quick note the 03 had wind noise from day one, the 05 has no wind noise but the seals are torn. Anyone care to guess if I'm going to replace my seals? :-laf

RankRam , Aug 10, 2005
  12. CPG

Anyone know the # of the TSB on this door seal fix. Thanking you,

Chuck

13. srichard

hmmm, look about 3 posts up from yours...

srichard , Aug 10, 2005
  14. Heavyweight

I just cut a little piece out where the door meets the rubber... Works like a champ... Then, as hoot explains so eloquently, just forgetaboutit.

Heavyweight , Aug 10, 2005
  15. CPG

srichard,

Errr,thanks, guess I need glasses.