Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 075.9Cummins TDR MEMBER

Connector for driver door harness master power window switch.jpg #ad

While troubleshooting intermittent failure of power windows in my quad cab I found burned out pins on the driver door harness connector for the master power window switch. The ground and 12v power supply look like they melted the plastic around the pins and I can't get those two pins to release. Applying dielectric grease helps for a little while but the issue returns. The switch itself has been replaced without resolving the issue.

Locally I can't find a used harness. I did send inquiries to Mouser Electronics to see if they have a replacement connector but haven't had a response.

If I could find a connector replacement I could pull the good pins from my existing harness and plug them into the replacement connector. I could also replace the two damaged pins by reusing some of the same type pins from my old rear door wiring harness.

I also looked locally for small spade terminals to see if I could simply replace the original connector and plug each wire directly to the switch.

Thoughts, ideas, coments and suggestions appreciated.

075.9Cummins , Aug 29, 2020
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

@mwilson can maybe help with this case.

Ozymandias , Aug 29, 2020
  3. 075.9Cummins TDR MEMBER

That'd be great. I sure need some help here.

075.9Cummins , Aug 30, 2020
  4. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ozy!!:D

I’ll try in a bit but I way down a rabbit hole hunting for the ones used for the rear door harness to cab connection....

mwilson , Aug 30, 2020
    Ozymandias likes this.
  5. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Found it but no repair kit shown, these are a funny brand...This is the same issue I encountered when dealing with my rear door....

Down the rabbit hole I go....

TDR 2020.jpg #ad

mwilson , Aug 30, 2020
  6. 075.9Cummins TDR MEMBER

Yup, that is the one I need. I see a number of suppliers with most all the other connectors Dodge used on our trucks but not these. Mouser had something that looked like the other blue door harness connector for the power mirrors but their product search and descriptions are a bit lacking.

7. mwilson TDR MEMBER

I will try again tonight. Some connectors brands used on these trucks are Sumitomo and Molex.

But still looking for a needle in a haystack.

Entire door harness can be had but a bit spendy at $500.00 plus. So maybe a trip to a Pick N Pull with a set of wire cutters is in your future....

mwilson , Aug 30, 2020
  8. 075.9Cummins TDR MEMBER

So far no luck finding one at any local yards. Will be traveling next week and will check out a few locations along the way.

Did you find the connector you needed for the back door?

9. MarkEagleUSA TDR MEMBER

What about a similar year Dodge, Chrysler, or Jeep model? The connectors would seem to be the same across models.

MarkEagleUSA , Aug 30, 2020
  10. 075.9Cummins TDR MEMBER

Good idea. I did check for vans but didn't think about jeeps.

11. bighammer

Do you still need one? I have a rusty '03 in my yard that I'll be taking other parts from and you're welcomed to it if it's the same.

bighammer , Sep 8, 2020
  12. 075.9Cummins TDR MEMBER

If you don't think you'll need it yourself I'd be glad to have it. PM me.

075.9Cummins , Sep 8, 2020