Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGordon TDR MEMBER

Changed the batteries on my 2019 3500 as they were no longer holding a charge. Immediately thereafter, my camera system (backup, surround view, park assist) quit working. I have the 12 inch display and the "backup camera" "button" there has disappeared and the backup function no longer shows at all with the vehicle in reverse. The shop that changed the batteries claims there is no way they could have caused the problem. Any ideas?

CGordon , Jan 26, 2023
  2. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

How long has it been since you swapped the batteries?

When I disconnected the batteries on my 2018 for a bit it had to relearn what options were installed. I didn't have folding mirrors, heated seats, cargo camera, and a maybe a couple other things for 2-3 starts.

AH64ID , Jan 26, 2023
    Rob S and brucejohnson like this.
  3. CGordon TDR MEMBER

You are absolutely correct! After 6 or 7 starts and then sitting for 5 hours, everything is back!

CGordon , Jan 27, 2023