1. maineac05

I'm looking into intalling a Pacbrake PRXB on my 05. I have a couple questions.

1) I have a II Phat Shaft 62, will the PRXB fit on this?

2)I have the banks big horn intake horn so I dont think I'll be able to mount the compressor in the recommended location. What are other mounting options?

3) What am I looking at for installation time?

Any other helpful information is greatly appreciated.

2. maineac05

Bump

3. petersonj TDR MEMBER

I don't know too much about controlling the 48RE transmission for a PacBrake setup. That is why I haven't responded. But, since no one has responded yet, I will mention a couple of things.

I think 2005 was the first year for a Dodge Cummins to be OEM "exhaust brake ready" to control the 48RE. Does the PacBrake PRXB you are installing have its own controls that are capable of locking the torque converter during exhaust brake use? - should be 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear). You may have already researched this and know the information. Just mentioning it in case you haven't.

I think you are on your own for mounting the air compressor. There should be plenty of room in the engine compartment to fabricate a mount. As far as the turbo exhaust fitting - I don't know.

- John

4. maineac05

06 was the first year, as far as controlling the tranmission, I'm going to have my tuner, 5-9 diesel, make adjustments to my tunes for it.

5. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Ozymandias , Jul 2, 2024 at 1:34 AM