Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edge

Anyone ever put a 12 Valve in a 3rd gen dodge, I have a 12 Valve that I am wanting to put into something, thinking about an Ford Excursion but try as I may I just dont seem to like the Fords, There is a local sale with an 06 2wd crew with a blown motor for 7K it has a 6 speed.

Wondering how simple the conversion would be.

Edge , Apr 12, 2010
  2. Edge

sorry, moving this over to the correct place

Edge , Apr 12, 2010
  3. JTucholke

Not sure how you would get that registered if you ever moved to a state that checked. Usually the rule is you must have a newer engine to register it. But, maybe your state doesn't care.

From what I've read that is what I know... .

JTucholke , Apr 14, 2010
  4. Scooby

I agree - generally you can't put an older engine in a newer vehicle. Unless you can get that engine to pass emission standards (With a CAT) and visual inspection of the model year of the vehicle. I think dropping that into an Excursion would be pretty cool. Those things are going up in value...

Scooby , Apr 14, 2010
  5. TWhetten

as far as getting it to fit it should drop right in, but if I remember correctly the wiring is a nightmare. I have seen a couple threads where people have put 12valves in them, let me see if I can find one.

TWhetten , Apr 14, 2010